- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- Abstract Chess Set Challenge - Winners Announced
5 days agoViews: 267 Replies: 13
Oh yeah, oh yeah!! What an awesome challenge. One of the best challenges we've ever had. Lots or terrific entries and judging was hard and some great entries don't get a mention, such was the high standard.
One thing I would like to remind members of is when the rules say a maximum of 3 final rendered images, if you're looking to place then supplying more than one is probably a wise thing to do. A couple of members submitted only one final render and while their set was great they let themselves down a bit by not showing us more.
Anyway, on to the winners. The winners are:
1st Place - skyv682nd Place - OrigialGem3rd Place - mrmoose (2nd entry)
So well done to all these members. Don't feel bad if your name didn't get mentioned. There were some excellent entries from other members who didn't get a mention so please all gives yourselves a big pat on the back
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: GreatSzalam
- Christmas Challenge - Candle
2 weeks agoViews: 964 Replies: 25
Hi everyone. It's the Christmas season yet again and time for the Cafe's Christmas themed challenge. This year the theme is "Christmas Candle". We want you to model a scene that must include a candle. It should also have something else in the scene giving it a Christmas theme. If you Google "Christmas Candle" you'll get tons of ideas.
The rules are fairly flexible with this challenge and we'll allow post processing plus if you're having trouble getting a decent flame you can use an image of a flame downloaded from the internet. Obviously you can't download a complete candle scene image and plonk it on a plane object and call it your own work.
The Challenge finishes midnight Friday 26 December 2014 PST. Note that this challenge has started while the Abstract Chess set challenge has a week to go. We thought that this would give people more time for the Christmas challenge.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is more on what appeals to the judges. This isn't really a modelling challenge. This means a fairly simple image could win.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 26 December 2014 PST.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported texture maps, bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You can do post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop. Go for it
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi and Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: noobzki
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- How do I fix this? Replies: 1
By: scottishcpt Last Reply By: christophdoe Today, 10:03 AM
Have to tried to use a secondary GI method in the GI render se...
- Collider issue Replies: 1
By: jbrown Last Reply By: BigAl3D Today, 09:36 AM
This is just a guess, but try moving the capsule group above t...
- Slice one object using another object Replies: 2
By: capoman Last Reply By: capoman Today, 08:43 AM
Unfortunately C4D doesn't have the Stencil option like the B...
- Christmas Challenge - Candle Replies: 25
By: 3dkiwi Last Reply By: noobzki Today, 06:27 AM
Did have some more fun with this. Whent from my orginal design...
- win4Doors v2.00
By: Caleidos Today, 07:45 AM Views: 12 Replies: 0
- Princess Bubblegum (Adventure Time)
By: Terrifyer Today, 07:22 AM Views: 5 Replies: 0
- How do I fix this?
By: ScottishCpt 7 hours ago Views: 29 Replies: 1
- Counting Objects
By: Willsham 10 hours ago Views: 7 Replies: 0
- Text Issue
By: Clental 10 hours ago Views: 17 Replies: 1
Abstract Chess Challenge Closes In