- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- Low Polygon Weapon Challenge - Winners Announced
2 days agoViews: 132 Replies: 3
Hi everyone. What an excellent challenge and with a reasonable amount of entries. The winning entries are just awesome. We will do another low poly challenge early in 2014.
The winners are:
First Place - cerberaSecond Place - cerberaThird Equal Place - OriginalGemThird Equal Place - ionHonourable MentionVihtisWell done to our winners but everyone should be congratulated for a great effort3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: James Leaburn
- Cartoon Christmas Challenge
4 days agoViews: 362 Replies: 13
Ho, ho, ho. It's that time of the year again when the dude in the red suit parks his sleigh on your roof and brings all sorts of nice pressies
Okay, so it's Christmas challenge time again and this year the theme is "Cartoon Christmas". You can model whatever you like so long as the style is cartoonish.
Now the rules:
Judges for this challenge: Cafe Staff.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 27 December 2013 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable HyperNurbs objects.
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 2 final rendered images in 1920 x 1080 resolution or less and no more than 750kb (note the increase in file size, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable HyperNurbs objects. We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable. See the instructions below on how to do a Cel render. Images must be jpg / jpeg format. See note below.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can not use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. You can use fur / hair.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do any post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop. What you can do however is render your image in a lossless format e.g. tif, then use Photoshop or any 2D image editor to export a jpeg image. (C4D doesn't render jpeg's very well and images often have jagged edges).
1. Disable all HyperNURBS objects
2. Go into the render settings and from the "Effect" menu select "Cel Render"
3. Enable the "Edge" option.
That's it. We don't want colour and and want edge colour to be black and background colour to be white i.e. defaults.
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: OriginalGem
- What Are "uv Points"? How To Edit Them In Bpuv? Replies: 1
By: rasputin Last Reply By: 3DKiwi Today, 08:50 PM
Does this mean that UV's can be edited in a Points mode?...
- Good Workflow Sharing Replies: 3
By: sdbdev Last Reply By: darby Today, 08:45 PM
Happened to me too the first time I registered with the user n...
- Modo 'steam' Edition Replies: 5
By: jonmoore Last Reply By: Horganovski Today, 05:09 PM
The amount of people I encounter that think C4D is only good...
- Modo 'steam' Edition Replies: 5
By: jonmoore Last Reply By: 3DKiwi Today, 05:09 PM
If the price is right they could sell a lot of copies. I'll be...
- What Are "uv Points"? How To Edit Them In Bpuv?
By: rasputin Today, 08:10 PM Views: 4 Replies: 1
- How To Model This Scenery?
By: Strelok Today, 01:08 PM Views: 26 Replies: 0
- Modo 'steam' Edition
By: jonmoore 8 hours ago Views: 52 Replies: 5
- Lens Details Page
By: deck 8 hours ago Views: 20 Replies: 2
- Has Anyone Used The Turbulencefd Plugin With C4D R15?
By: zonkerman 13 hours ago Views: 39 Replies: 3
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
121 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)3 members, 118 guests
axmiha, darby, 3DKiwi
Challenge Closes In