- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- New Tutorial - Phong Tag, Phong Shading & Breaking Phong Shading
4 days agoViews: 296 Replies: 9
Hi everyone. Here's another updated tutorial and like the other updated ones this one is much more in depth and longer.
Knowing how to use Phong tag in Cinema 4D is critical to get your models displayed and rendered correctly. This 43 minute tutorial covers Phong shading, using Phong tags with the various settings and manually breaking Phong shading. Recorded with Release 16 but users of older versions will be able to follow along without too many problems.
This tutorial is hosted on Vimeo. If you head over there you will be able to download the original high res version rather than watching the low quality streaming version.
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: jonmoore
- Siggraph 2014 Rewinds are now Live!
5 days agoViews: 164 Replies: 3
We've just posted the complete set of Cinema 4D R16 presentations - recorded live at Siggraph 2014.
See top artists demonstrate R16's powerful new features and reveal techniques used to create dazzling content for Ender's Game, Tom Clancy's The Division, Formula 1 Red Bull Racing, and much more.
Check it out: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/siggraph_2014_rewind
Also, we've made some changes to the Cineversity dashboard that we think you'll like. Check it out , and let us know what you think.
The Cineversity Team
Topic Started By: Cineversity Last Reply By: Mauricio
- Challenge - Metal Slug Tanks
4 weeks agoViews: 5448 Replies: 105
Hi everyone. Time for some heavy metal!! What we want you to do is model and texture a Metal Slug Tank.
Check out the attached images below for the style we're after. Also do a Google search and you'll find plenty of cool images for inspiration.
We're going to give you 6 weeks for this challenge. This gives you plenty of time to come up with something awesome plus with R16 due to be launched in September people will be busy playing with that. The challenge runs until midnight Friday 26 September 2014.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 26 September 2014 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do any post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
14. We're fine if you want to base your tank on an image you find on the Internet. All modelling and texturing obviously must all be your own work.
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: ion
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Team Render only rendering 1 thread Replies: 2
By: dollarfish Last Reply By: 3DKiwi Today, 08:28 PM
If you're using the physical renderer then the number of buc...
- Python and Dynamics Replies: 2
By: carlk Last Reply By: carlk Today, 07:29 PM
Thanks, ferdikubin! I'll start learning Xpresso so that I unde...
- Bending Cloned Object Properly into a Cylinder Replies: 4
By: ionnus Last Reply By: ionnus Today, 07:18 PM
Hey thanks so much guys. I am so glad it was an easy solution,...
- I need some help Replies: 10
By: north Last Reply By: North Today, 06:24 PM
my problem is that it only does that thing with that particula...
- How to activate Gimballing Rotation in Rotate tool...
By: benek Today, 08:08 PM Views: 5 Replies: 0
- Team Render only rendering 1 thread
By: DollarFish Today, 05:34 PM Views: 21 Replies: 2
- [Help Request] Remodelling from animation set
By: brigas Today, 04:26 PM Views: 9 Replies: 0
- Artifacts on render
By: juanpagarcia Today, 03:05 PM Views: 23 Replies: 1
- Fill selection not working sometimes
By: Dewitt Today, 02:12 PM Views: 22 Replies: 1
115 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)4 members, 111 guests
srek, jforsta, Emir, gcofres
Challenge Closes In