- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- 2 Hour Speed Modelling Challenge - Model & Texture a Coffee Table
2 weeks agoViews: 714 Replies: 3
Hi everyone. Time for the new challenge. For this challenge we're going back in time to how the cafe's challenges started with speed modelling challenges. These were usually an hour in duration. This time around we're being generous and giving you 2 hours but we do want you to do texturing.
Okay, so the theme if you haven't figured it out is "Coffee Table". You are to start from scratch and model and texture a coffee table. You need to time yourself from the moment you start with an empty viewport until 2 hours is up. This 2 hours includes modelling, texturing, adding lights / HDRI's. Final rendering is after the 2 hours is up and there is no time limit on how long the rendering takes. Obviously we rely upon your honesty for not going past 2 hours. We also rely upon your honesty not to use someone else's models (as we've had in the past).
What you can do prior to starting is having all of your resources ready e.g. textures, HDRI's, notes and hand drawn sketches that may include dimensions. This would be the smart thing to do so you know exactly what your plan is.
Judging will be based on modelling, texturing and visual appeal. This means a cleverly designed table could beat an entry that might have better modelling. This is code for, the judges will pick the table that they like the best.
The rules are:
1. Challenge ends midnight 21 November 2014 (Pacific Standard Time)
2. Judges: Cafe admins.
3. You can enter as many times as you like.
4. No WIP images / wireframes are required. You just submit your entry to the final entry thread here.
5. You can use any imported textures that you like e.g. downloaded textures from the net can be used. Textures created in Photoshop can be used. You can use wood materials / textures from the Content Browser. You can use wood materials that you may have created previously.
6. All modelling (and sculpting) can only be done in Cinema 4D. No imported models. Feel free to copy a coffee table design that you like off the net. All modelling is to be done within the 2 hour limit. No exceptions.
7. Post your final entry here. 2 final rendered images are required plus 1 Cel rendered image showing polygon construction. Maximum render size is 1920 x 1080 and no more than 800kb. Please disable Subdivision (aka HyperNurbs) objects so that we can see polygon construction. All disable any Bevel deformers that you may be using.
8. Plugins are permitted.
9. Rendering can be done with any C4D compliant renderer e.g. V-Ray and Octane
10. You are welcome to model accessories and add them to your scene but you must stay under the 2 hour limit.
11. If you go over 2 hours then you have to disqualify yourself. We reckon 2 hours is plenty of time to model a decent coffee table.
Have fun and let's see those coffee tables. A Christmas themed challenge isn't far away
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: 3DKiwi
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Animation rendering question Replies: 3
By: davidez Last Reply By: Decade Today, 07:48 AM
1) Open GL rendering is only intended for previews. Maybe pre-...
- Creating a ground crack Replies: 7
By: danway Last Reply By: fleezy Today, 07:41 AM
I did version of this a little while back. Here's my take on t...
- Exluding an object from another objects material reflection Replies: 3
By: vstyler Last Reply By: vstyler Today, 07:30 AM
you two are just brilliant! and yes both ways worked for...
- Animation rendering question Replies: 3
By: davidez Last Reply By: davidez Today, 05:13 AM
Thanks. 1. Does have impact in textures? Meaning need I to dif...
- Modelling a Calpol box
By: Freemorpheme Today, 07:34 AM Views: 12 Replies: 0
- Can move soft body object. after collision. HELP
By: Sanchez Today, 04:07 AM Views: 15 Replies: 0
- Animation rendering question
By: davidez Today, 03:34 AM Views: 25 Replies: 3
- Camera follow NULL with delay effector ?
By: Knobs Today, 01:20 AM Views: 22 Replies: 1
- Exluding an object from another objects material reflection
By: vstyler 14 hours ago Views: 52 Replies: 3
154 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)5 members, 149 guests
mlewy, McMahon, hallmand, Emir, MerVic
Challenge Closes In