- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
Join C4D Cafe
C4D Cafe is a forum / site supporting the 3D application Cinema 4D. Joining is free. This then gives you access to our forums and free tutorials. Members also enjoy seeing a lot less advertising.
- Hexagon Logo Reveal Tutorial on Cineversity
A week ago
We just posted a 21-min video by Sean Frangella on how to use Cinema 4D to create motion graphic transitions - like those seen on TV between shots. Along the way, you'll learn a host of techniques for MoGraph, texturing and more.[/center]
Check it out: Hexagon Logo Reveal
This series is exclusively available to premium Cineversity members.
Also, if you're a Cinema 4D user with an active MAXON Service Agreement (MSA) and you're not yet a Cineversity Premium member -- what are you waiting for? No matter where you live, contact your local MAXON distributor for your complimentary premium access coupon
The Cineversity Team
Topic Started By: Cineversity Last Reply By: Cineversity
- Challenge - Things with wheels
3 weeks agoViews: 2468 Replies: 80
Hi everyone. Time for a new challenge. The theme this time is a bit more open than normal. All we want is for you model and texture something that has wheels. For example it can be a car, motorcycle, kids ride on toy, cartoon car, futuristic vehicle. Just so long as it has wheels. We've made it 4 weeks in duration as some of you may want to spend more time on modelling.
The Challenge finishes midnight Friday 8 may 2015 PST.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 8 May 2015 PST.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1080 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable. ALL IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORMAT. We are fine if you want to render as a tif then use a 2D paint program to convert to jpeg. (C4D doesn't render jpeg's very well).
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc and these can be textures you come across on the Internet. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting of texture maps can be done in any program that you like e.g. Photoshop or BodyPaint. Decals and stickers however must be your own work. You can create in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice and this can be one downloaded from the Internet
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi and Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: lskdalowa
- Cinema 4D Modelling Help Replies: 8
By: tommassey Last Reply By: Kahuna An hour ago
Why is your C4D version 15.008?
- Abobe bid for The Foundry ! Replies: 59
By: edouard Last Reply By: renderman 2 hours ago
Don't ditch C4D just yet… I have a friend that works at...
- Abobe bid for The Foundry ! Replies: 59
By: edouard Last Reply By: Zmotive 4 hours ago
This Fabric Engine is the first bit of potentially positive ne...
- Challenge - Things with wheels Replies: 80
By: 3dkiwi Last Reply By: lskdalowa 4 hours ago
Wow, Nice work everyone! Bunch of awesome looking models here...
- Help with mograph clones and tracer object
By: ericcarl An hour ago Views: 7 Replies: 0
- Who Is This C4D Chicago User?
By: renderman 2 hours ago Views: 29 Replies: 0
- Attempting to achieve an effect with Mograph
By: miketosetto 8 hours ago Views: 15 Replies: 0
- User Data Button and Interaction Tag Question
By: wolfsoujon 11 hours ago Views: 14 Replies: 0
- decal over texture problem
By: nattapong 14 hours ago Views: 27 Replies: 1
Challenge Closes In