- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
Join C4D Cafe
C4D Cafe is a forum / site supporting the 3D application Cinema 4D. Joining is free. This then gives you access to our forums and free tutorials. Members also enjoy seeing a lot less advertising.
- Challenge - Model & Texture a Jerrycan
A day agoViews: 184 Replies: 7
Hi everyone. They're back!! Time to get the challenges going again. For this challenge we want you to model and texture a Jerrycan. The modelling must all be your own work but we're fine if you want to follow a tutorial on modelling (and texturing) if you want to. What we will come down hard on, is if we detect that someone has downloaded a model off the net then claim it to be there own. Where we think this may have occurred we reserve the right to request WIP scene files showing some sort of modelling sequence. You have to submit at least one WIP along the way anyway.
We're relaxing the rules a bit on imported texture maps. You can for example use an imported grunge map or bump map that you found on the internet. Decals and stickers must be entirely your own work. See the rules below. Post work in a 2D paint program like Photoshop is permitted. Got it, we hope so. If not, ask a question.
The Challenge finishes midnight Friday 20 March 2015 PST.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 20 March 2015 PST.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1080 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc and these can be textures you come across on the Internet. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting of texture maps can be done in any program that you like e.g. Photoshop or BodyPaint. Decals and stickers however must be your own work. You can create in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You can do post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice and this can be one downloaded from the Internet
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi and Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: 3DKiwi
- Self-Building Roman Pillar Tutorial Series now Live
3 days ago
We've just released a new tutorial series by Cineversity 1ON1 Trainer, Darrin Frankovitz, on how to build a self-assembling Roman pillar using Cinema 4D's MoGraph tools
Along the way you'll learn how to:
· Model a Roman pillar that is ready for the self-assembly animation
· Efficiently animate using MoGraph Effectors
· Create basic materials
· Quickly set up daytime lighting using the Physical Sky
This tutorial series is exclusively available to premium Cineversity members.
Check it out: Self-Building Roman Pillar
The Cineversity Team
Topic Started By: Cineversity Last Reply By: bobc4d
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- One clone not obeying dynamics Replies: 2
By: rwalker Last Reply By: HarryBee Today, 07:48 AM
Hi, not sure why the one coin will not fall. Maybe you...
- Target with restricted rotation on object Replies: 1
By: casimirsmets Last Reply By: Cactus Dan Today, 06:50 AM
Howdy, It may be better to use an up vector instead of...
- Sand Solving Replies: 3
By: fkennedy Last Reply By: fkennedy Today, 06:49 AM
Thanks bonobo. When you suggest X-Particles, do you mean that...
- Animating a coil spring : modified spring that is? Replies: 1
By: teliocide Last Reply By: Cactus Dan Today, 06:42 AM
Howdy, Well, I'd skin the editable helix spline and use...
- selected polygon color
By: Masterpie Today, 08:24 AM Views: 2 Replies: 0
- Create new keyframe at current time
By: natevplas Today, 07:25 AM Views: 5 Replies: 0
- Target with restricted rotation on object
By: casimirsmets Today, 05:41 AM Views: 12 Replies: 1
- Formula Effector Circle Wave
By: Tarutarak Today, 05:41 AM Views: 10 Replies: 0
- Animating a coil spring : modified spring that is?
By: teliocide Today, 04:31 AM Views: 21 Replies: 1
216 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)10 members, 206 guests
pBarrelas, Masterpie, Nixie, ringleader, grain, javironguis, Flapper, srek, daveo, wabiske
Challenge Closes In