- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- 2 New Tutorials: Melt & Dissolve + Extrude Inner
2 days agoViews: 190 Replies: 4
Hi everyone. I've got the tutorial recording bug so I'm busy making new versions of really old cafe tutorials. All the tutorials are completely new and I cover things in much greater depth. I'm warming myself up for some of the biggies like redoing the Knife tutorial.
First up, the Melt and Dissolve commands. While we had a tutorial on using the Melt command I hadn't covered the Dissolve command. Suggest you head to the Vimeo site and download the original high quality video as it's much better quality than the streaming version. This one is 29 minutes duration.
Then an all new Extrude Inner Tool tutorial. 20 minutes in duration. Again much better than the original tutorial.
Nigel / 3DKiwi
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: geef
- Challenge - Metal Slug Tanks
2 weeks agoViews: 3472 Replies: 84
Hi everyone. Time for some heavy metal!! What we want you to do is model and texture a Metal Slug Tank.
Check out the attached images below for the style we're after. Also do a Google search and you'll find plenty of cool images for inspiration.
We're going to give you 6 weeks for this challenge. This gives you plenty of time to come up with something awesome plus with R16 due to be launched in September people will be busy playing with that. The challenge runs until midnight Friday 26 September 2014.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 26 September 2014 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do any post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
14. We're fine if you want to base your tank on an image you find on the Internet. All modelling and texturing obviously must all be your own work.
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: 3DKiwi
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Just got a 3D printer but no filament yet, if I print a cube from C4d will it be filled in? Replies: 5
By: jwilson Last Reply By: srek Today, 10:08 PM
Every Slicing software offers an infill option. Just enter the...
- Modo Musings Replies: 2
By: coolcajun Last Reply By: IceCaveMan Today, 09:56 PM
Both Mari and Modo are too far along to be able to merge tog...
- C4D Rig Lag Replies: 5
By: seemlymohame Last Reply By: SeemlyMohame Today, 09:44 PM
Nope. it is not laggy when I remove the geometry I had R14 bef...
- C4D Rig Lag Replies: 5
By: seemlymohame Last Reply By: ScottishCpt Today, 09:41 PM
A) If it's your friends rig, ask him for support. B) On...
- Cloner Flickering
By: bahgoogen Today, 08:54 PM Views: 8 Replies: 0
- Just got a 3D printer but no filament yet, if I print a cube from C4d will it be filled in?
By: JWilson Today, 07:20 PM Views: 18 Replies: 5
- Horten Ho-229 ( The German WW2 Stealth )
By: skyv68 Today, 06:40 PM Views: 23 Replies: 0
- No Character button error
By: JoshHarris Today, 05:33 PM Views: 11 Replies: 1
- Modo Musings
By: coolcajun Today, 04:51 PM Views: 40 Replies: 2
192 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)14 members, 178 guests
pixelpusher, schemogroby, bahgoogen, HSrdelic, James Leaburn, Igor, Emir, srek, RobBigmedia, DaveIsak, viniciusgba, Gilbert, mrmoose, ingvarai
Challenge Closes In