- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- The Reflectance Channel Series is now Live!
A day agoViews: 141 Replies: 4
We've just posted an extensive free tutorial series by Patrick Goski that guides you through the inner workings of Cinema 4D R16's new Reflectance Channel - equipping you to create stunning materials with its powerful functionality.
The guide covers:
• Reflectance theory
• Basic Reflectance set up from scratch
• Specular vs. Reflection
• Attenuation methods
• How to deal with imported materials
• Layers and ways to work with them
• Roughness and Reflection
• Layer Color and Layer Masks
• Reflectance with Fresnel
• How Reflectance attributes work and interact with each other
• And much more!
Check it out: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/the_reflectance_channel
The Cineversity Team
Disclaimer: Although these videos and many others on Cineversity are free gifts to the community, some require premium membership to view.
Topic Started By: Cineversity Last Reply By: James Leaburn
- Halloween Challenge - Graveyards
4 weeks agoViews: 1361 Replies: 26
Hi everyone. It's that time of the year again and time for our Halloween themed challenge. This year the theme is "Graveyards". We want a creepy graveyard image. You can go either realistic or have a more stylized / cartoon look to it. It's up to you. For this challenge we will allow some minor post processing e.g. adding fog in a 2D paint program. The bulk of your image needs to be done in Cinema 4D.
Challenge ends (very appropriately) Midnight 31 October 2014 Pacific Standard time.
Judges: Cafe admins.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 31 October 2014 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 2 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You can do limited post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop to add fog or other post effect
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: 3DKiwi
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Get iteration Number Replies: 2
By: snoozy Last Reply By: srek Today, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure what was your problem.The Iteration output port w...
- Uv Unwrapping Replies: 4
By: juryd Last Reply By: 3DKiwi Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Step 8 is where you select either ABF or LSCM unwrapping combi...
- Convert 1 polygon object, which is a word, into 7 polygon objects, 1 for each letter Replies: 2
By: laserbman Last Reply By: darby Yesterday, 09:02 PM
You might also be able to put the single text object under a F...
- Get iteration Number Replies: 2
By: snoozy Last Reply By: snoozy Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Nevermind :D I found a solution using a Python node, hurray !!
- Fastest way to have many uniforms without Re-boning ?
By: centurion Yesterday, 08:57 PM Views: 8 Replies: 0
- Get iteration Number
By: snoozy Yesterday, 08:38 PM Views: 10 Replies: 2
- Convert 1 polygon object, which is a word, into 7 polygon objects, 1 for each letter
By: laserbman Yesterday, 06:34 PM Views: 12 Replies: 2
- Can you add effectors to non-cloner metaball object?
By: bryanfsmith Yesterday, 04:49 PM Views: 14 Replies: 1
- Luminance, GI and Cylinders
By: Freemorpheme 8 hours ago Views: 18 Replies: 1
61 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)2 members, 59 guests
Challenge Closes In