- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
Join C4D Cafe
C4D Cafe is a forum / site supporting the 3D application Cinema 4D. Joining is free. This then gives you access to our forums and free tutorials. Members also enjoy seeing a lot less advertising.
- [Streaming Now] C4D Presentations Live from NAB
6 days agoViews: 298 Replies: 2
Cinema 4D Presentations at NAB 2015
Watch elite artists reveal their techniques and answer questions live from our NAB booth. Tune in and see how Cinema 4D was used on work for MTV, NBC, NFL, HBO, ESPN, Sky Sports, Nike, The Flash, Arrow, Manhattan and more.
Register for the C4DLive.com raffle and win from over $30,000 worth of prizes by NVIDIA, Boris FX, Imagineer Systems, Red Giant, GreyscaleGorilla and many others.
How Cinema 4D Simplifies Complex VFX
by Kevin Aguirre, Lead Animator - Cake Studios
The Art of Lighting with Cinema 4D
by Nick Campbell, Greyscalegorilla
Python Coding for Motion Design
by Colin Sebestyen, Academy of Art University, SF
Workflow for Sports Motion Graphics
by EJ Hassenfratz, Eyedesyn
Animating Projections on Massive Structures with C4D
by Alan Demafiles
Medical Storytelling: The Art of Cellular 3D Animation
by Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
How to Defeat a 3-Week Deadline with C4D and Octane
by Capacity/Brett Morris
Maxon Computer, Inc. 2640 Lavery Court, Newbury Park, CA 91320.
You are receiving this email because you showed interest in this event.
If you do not want to receive further communication you can unsubscribe.
This email was intended for registrants in the Americas. If you reside in another region,
please contact the appropriate Maxon office.
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: Edouard
- Challenge - Things with wheels
A week agoViews: 870 Replies: 28
Hi everyone. Time for a new challenge. The theme this time is a bit more open than normal. All we want is for you model and texture something that has wheels. For example it can be a car, motorcycle, kids ride on toy, cartoon car, futuristic vehicle. Just so long as it has wheels. We've made it 4 weeks in duration as some of you may want to spend more time on modelling.
The Challenge finishes midnight Friday 8 may 2015 PST.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 8 May 2015 PST.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1080 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable. ALL IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORMAT. We are fine if you want to render as a tif then use a 2D paint program to convert to jpeg. (C4D doesn't render jpeg's very well).
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc and these can be textures you come across on the Internet. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting of texture maps can be done in any program that you like e.g. Photoshop or BodyPaint. Decals and stickers however must be your own work. You can create in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice and this can be one downloaded from the Internet
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi and Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: mrmoose
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Adding jiggle effector to expresso animated object Replies: 10
By: tomkey Last Reply By: teknow Today, 12:12 PM
Why not just use a Random effector in Noise mode with slow ani...
- Adding jiggle effector to expresso animated object Replies: 10
By: tomkey Last Reply By: TomKey Today, 10:08 AM
well i just found tutorial, according to which i was doing tha...
- Autodesk has understood everything Replies: 79
By: edouard Last Reply By: Edouard Today, 10:06 AM
I'm more than happy to discuss this and other things with you...
- Affinity Photo Claiming best Phoshop alternative Replies: 29
By: jennyloop Last Reply By: Edouard Today, 09:44 AM
Nothing new under the sun here. Photoline has had filter laye...
- FREE TRAINING: Materials and Shader Setups with Octane Render for Cinema 4D
By: inlifethrill Today, 11:11 AM Views: 8 Replies: 0
- Looking to pay for consultation on cinema 4d scenes
By: jlarkin 9 hours ago Views: 31 Replies: 0
- change forum colors?
By: Ten 23 hours ago Views: 87 Replies: 2
- Dynamics - Vertical flex on a book
By: Mnollock A day ago Views: 57 Replies: 3
- Logic formula
By: trev A day ago Views: 45 Replies: 2
123 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)8 members, 115 guests
Edouard, KeirDRoss, paulr, teknow, TheJimReaper, johnalexevic, jayroth, Igor
Challenge Closes In