- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- Challenge - Steering Wheel
A day agoViews: 201 Replies: 4
Hi everyone. Something a little different this time. We want you to model and texture a car steering wheel. It can either be of a real one or you can go to town and create and make your own design although if you do your own design it must be practical and not too way out. We're looking for realism so pay careful attention to your texturing. We're not expecting a dashboard but feel free to add one although judging will be just on the steering wheel.
This challenge will run 3 weeks to give you a bit of extra time. The challenge runs until midnight Friday 25 July 2014.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 15 August 2014 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 2 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do any post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: Deztiny
- 3D Fluff Architectural Interiors - Review
5 days agoViews: 278 Replies: 1
Hi everyone. I am very pleased to present you a review of 3D Fluff's latest Architectural Interiors Tutorial series. This is a 6 hours series of videos that covers modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering. I can't recommend this series highly enough and I think quite possibly it's 3D Fluff's finest series of tutorials to date.
You can read the review here.
You can buy the tutorial here
Nigel / 3DKiwi
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: TheJimReaper
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Adding stains to horizontal Surfaces Replies: 2
By: zos Last Reply By: Decade Today, 06:10 AM
The terrain mask shader can do exactly this. Place i...
- Adding stains to horizontal Surfaces Replies: 2
By: zos Last Reply By: victorcam Today, 06:06 AM
have you tried adding a texture on alpha channel over the top?
- R16 Replies: 142
By: adamfilip Last Reply By: mabad Today, 05:16 AM
Yup, and US C4D users could not get a sleep trying to download...
- Problems with material stretch on the extrude Replies: 1
By: deztiny Last Reply By: mabad Today, 05:14 AM
As an easy and cheap workaround after you are ready with the e...
By: erikthedane Today, 06:06 AM Views: 8 Replies: 0
- timeline not keeping my settings (auto+link)
By: tfortier Today, 05:30 AM Views: 6 Replies: 0
- Problems with material stretch on the extrude
By: Deztiny Today, 04:54 AM Views: 14 Replies: 1
- Austrian Student Racing Team
By: 3DKiwi Today, 12:50 AM Views: 27 Replies: 1
- jump between normal render and GI
By: victorcam Yesterday, 11:50 PM Views: 28 Replies: 0
285 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)17 members, 268 guests
EpicLink, neozor, darklegato, Hermenator, brasco, kvb, Decade, deepshade, monadnoc, pixelpusher, lancevixer, miklo, mabad, shawnfrueh, jorunn, erikthedane, victorcam
Challenge Closes In