- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- Bullet Time CG Title Sequence Now Available
3 days agoViews: 181 Replies: 2
We just posted a comprehensive new tutorial series by Sean Frangella showing how you can create a time remapped, "bullet time" CG title sequence using Cinema 4D.
Along the way, the series covers how to:
• Quickly model and texture a bullet
• Optimize your render by baking environmental reflections
• Instantly create many bullets from one using the Mograph cloner
• Easily animate tons of bullets at once using effectors and dynamics
• Create and add motion to 3D text titles
• Use Dynamics Time Scale
• Set up a compelling camera movement
• Configure Cinema 4D's Physical Camera and add depth of field to the shot
• Add Color Grading and Post-Effects to the rendered video in After Effects
These tutorials are exclusively available to premium Cineversity members.
Check it out: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/bullet_time
The Cineversity Team
Topic Started By: Cineversity Last Reply By: Cineversity
- Halloween Challenge - Graveyards
3 weeks agoViews: 1242 Replies: 22
Hi everyone. It's that time of the year again and time for our Halloween themed challenge. This year the theme is "Graveyards". We want a creepy graveyard image. You can go either realistic or have a more stylized / cartoon look to it. It's up to you. For this challenge we will allow some minor post processing e.g. adding fog in a 2D paint program. The bulk of your image needs to be done in Cinema 4D.
Challenge ends (very appropriately) Midnight 31 October 2014 Pacific Standard time.
Judges: Cafe admins.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 31 October 2014 P.S.T.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 2 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You can do limited post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop to add fog or other post effect
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi & Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: Harrison3D
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- X-Particles render issue Replies: 6
By: zoliking Last Reply By: spedler Today, 03:32 AM
Yes, I was hinting at an unlicensed copy, though it's not th...
- X-Particles render issue Replies: 6
By: zoliking Last Reply By: zoliking Today, 03:18 AM
A "friend", you mean n0mad and the cracked v2.1? Ye...
- Right typology of a character for an animation (right way of subdividing characters meshes) Replies: 4
By: joserra Last Reply By: mabad Today, 03:07 AM
My recommendation is that you find on the net examples of mesh...
- Bigger workstation, or more nodes? Replies: 22
By: scottishcpt Last Reply By: GaryAbrehart Today, 02:59 AM
Vozzz Thanks for that link although I am dubious about...
- Very basic FBX animation from C4D to Unity
By: joolsd Today, 03:51 AM Views: 3 Replies: 0
- The right order to rebuild a beauty pass in AE.
By: domis Today, 02:56 AM Views: 3 Replies: 0
- DPIT / Navie 2.5: Thoughts?
By: grain Today, 01:55 AM Views: 18 Replies: 0
By: bilbom Today, 01:17 AM Views: 14 Replies: 0
- Plugin problem or wrong settings?
By: claud Today, 01:02 AM Views: 23 Replies: 1
200 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)17 members, 183 guests
moebiuskk, Cactus Dan, mariobaluci, PixelRain, Schnupps, flippyfloop, clockwize, jpauli, joolsd, Elo, workaholic, Lothar, boofagle, RayRey, Menderes, Devert, virtualzapp
Challenge Closes In