- The Cafe
Questions / Tips / Techniques
- Modelling / Sculpting
- Character Animation / Rigging
- CD Character Plugins
- Dynamics, Hair, Thinking Particles, MoGraph or General Animation
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Texturing / Materials / BodyPaint
- Resources, Tips / Mini Tutorials
- Rendering & Lighting / Net Render
- XPresso / Python Scripting
- Compositing and Post Work
- Plugins: Making, Finding, and Using
- Tutorials - Questions or Requests
- Coffee Table Challenge - Winners Announced
3 days agoViews: 156 Replies: 8
Hi everyone. It's great to have a challenge with lots of entries. Obviously speed modelling / time limited challenges are popular as you don't need to commit to a huge amount of work. We'll look at doing them regularly and see how things go.
Judging was hard as there were many fine entries and to be honest there was not a lot in it between some of the entries. There could quite well have been more honourable mentions but we've kept it at 2.
The winners are:
1st Place - Ion2nd Place - OriginalGem
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: Nixie
- Challenge - Abstract Chess Set
3 days agoViews: 389 Replies: 22
Hi everyone. Here's a theme that hopefully will be popular. We want you model and texture a Chess set (and a board if you want) but we don't want traditional looking Chess pieces, we want Abstract themed pieces. If you go a Google on "Abstract Chess Pieces" you'll an idea of what we're talking about.
The Challenge finishes midnight Friday 12 December 2014 PST.
No prizes, just the glory of having your image featured in the Cafe's gallery and a shiny badge in your profile if you are one of the top 3 winners
Judges: Cafe admins.
Note: Judging is on modelling and texturing. We're not terribly interested in originality.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 12 December 2014 PST.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects).
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here.You are required to attach a maximum of 3 final rendered images in 1920 x 1020 resolution or less and no more than 800kb, plus 1 only Cel / Wireframe rendered image. The Cel / Wireframe image is to be a Cel render. Please disable Subdivision objects (previously called HyperNurbs objects). We want to see your polygon construction. A viewport wireframe screen grab of the model is not acceptable.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported bump maps, displacement maps etc. Sculpting is permitted provided it's done with Cinema 4D. Painting etc is to be done in C4D / Bodypaint only. You can however create decals / stickers in an external program e.g. Photoshop or a vector drawing program but these decals or stickers must be all your own work. That means if you want to use a manufacturers logo you've got to make all by yourself.
10. If you're doing sculpting we're fine if alpha images used for brushes and or stencils are imported but those alpha images must be your own work. e.g. rivets and bolts. You can use any software program you like to make the alpha images.
11. You cannot do any post work on your rendered images i.e. Photoshop
12. You can use any HDR image of your choice.
13. You can use any CINEMA 4D compatible renderer e.g. V-Ray. You can also use any plugin within CINEMA 4D.
3DKiwi and Hsrdelic
Topic Started By: 3DKiwi Last Reply By: vikramsk
Support The Cafe
Your support by joining the Supporter's Club pays for our dedicated server, server and forum software upgrades and maintenance contracts.
- Challenge - Abstract Chess Set Replies: 22
By: 3dkiwi Last Reply By: vikramsk Today, 05:19 PM
Some updates,some very nice work there.
- NotaEffector Lite for Mograph - Ready to download and use free Replies: 23
By: renatot Last Reply By: 3DKiwi Today, 05:10 PM
If you are thinking to make a mini-review also for Nota Effec...
- Inner Mesh Clean-up Technique Replies: 2
By: bakerbakertwo Last Reply By: bakerbakertwo Today, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the insight. In some cases I might have like a ton...
- Cinema 4D R12 Studio For Sale - Price Reduced Replies: 7
By: tralfaz Last Reply By: Rick Bruce Today, 04:26 PM
Yeah I am not sure which version they started the server check...
- Watch Render
By: vizchase Today, 08:27 PM Views: 8 Replies: 0
- Exporting Text Geometry for UV Mapping (XSI? to Maya?)
By: randmcnally Today, 03:54 PM Views: 9 Replies: 0
- Inner Mesh Clean-up Technique
By: bakerbakertwo Today, 02:26 PM Views: 18 Replies: 2
- A Chevy FAT (field artillery tractor) for my Burma game.
By: stoat 9 hours ago Views: 19 Replies: 0
By: unkemptfiber 9 hours ago Views: 43 Replies: 4
Challenge Closes In