PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D
PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulselhi

A Poor Ar3 Test Result

27 posts in this topic

Yes i do that is why i redid it in r10.5 and got a render in 20 hours for 800 frames

SAT only helps to ease the crawl you have to either use blur ( which can ruin textures) or have very high AA settings which brings renders to a crawl, Vray does not suffer from this as much ( if at all) but then again vray eats away at memory for a scene like this

Has anyone rendered it with Final render yet.

From the form around the net say that FR is faster then Vray or AR3, and easier to set up.

Using it now for a month and have to admit

such a huge difference in quality and speed it has to offer cinema users.

haven't tryed on any animations yet.

I should have said, but my point was really, that surely Caching anything you can is a good practice anyway, in case you need to stop a render part way through and then resume it, or for net rendering.

Does Mograph come free with Thinking Particles ?

Also, can Vray or anything else render your scene faster without flickering? Maybe you need to invest in a copy of Renderman..plus a team of people to set it up laugh.gif

Cheers,

Brian

running a test now

Jeeze! They can send men to the moon, you'd think they'd be able to make a render engine that doesn't flicker...

Cheers

Karl

Actually the flickering in the shadows cast by the flag that they planted on the moon was one of the reason the whole fake moon landing conspirecy rumours started. wink.gif

Does Mograph come free with Thinking Particles ?

Well with R11 MoGraph is now part of the Studio bundle, so if you buy that you get MoGraph for 'free' wink.gif

Realistically I'd say that anyone using Cinema on a full-time professional basis probably has the full set of modules anyway.

Cheers,

Brian

However this IS a bug with TP and shadows in R11, Mograph may be a workaround but it is still a bug

And even if the shadows did work a 70+ hours poor quality render for 800 frames ( albeit in my baby dual core) does not look that good for the supposid "awesome" new object animation gi

I would like to see more people do some complex object animation tests to see how R11 performs, no doubt render times and quality would be better than my initial fumblings. I was particularly unimpressed with the 14 passes taking up over 4GB of disk space at medium settings

"Realistically I'd say that anyone using Cinema on a full-time professional basis probably has the full set of modules anyway."

Check out my profile. And apart from AR I've only used TP once!

Cheers

Karl

Well I did say probably.. smile.gif

I'm always surprised by the amount of people here that have the 'full set', and sometimes some of them don't seem to know what each module does.. call me suspicious but I think some are running pirate copies, either that or they have lots of money to throw around :)

Cheers,

Brian

"... call me suspicious but I think some are running pirate copies, either that or they have lots of money to throw around"

Yeah, I'm with you on that. On the other hand, some times I think it can be counter intuitive. If you do it for a living you can be quite calculated about it and what you have is dictated by what's going to earn you money - kind of a 'no fat' approach. But if you just do it for fun maybe you just want all the toys. And nothing wrong with that. I do wonder, though, when I see some people's profiles!

Cheers

Karl

Well, I bought the Studio 9.5 and upgraded to 10.5 but since I am "project" oriented, the only tools I have used are ones necessary to complete the "project" I started with about three years (and other software) ago. For me, being a noobie with the dough, I went with Studio to be as certain as I could that I would have all the necessary tools to complete my project (which is nearing at last!). My next project (they stretch out over a ten or so year period) will require far more modeling and texturing (and Hair) than my current one. I have not tested C4D 10.5 to it's maximum but I have passed the point where I must upgrade my machine.