Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Poor Ar3 Test Result

29 posts in this topic

Well, I bought the Studio 9.5 and upgraded to 10.5 but since I am "project" oriented, the only tools I have used are ones necessary to complete the "project" I started with about three years (and other software) ago. For me, being a noobie with the dough, I went with Studio to be as certain as I could that I would have all the necessary tools to complete my project (which is nearing at last!). My next project (they stretch out over a ten or so year period) will require far more modeling and texturing (and Hair) than my current one. I have not tested C4D 10.5 to it's maximum but I have passed the point where I must upgrade my machine.

Wow, that must be some project to take 10 years.

For my interests which is mainly character animation I do ok with Core +Mocca and MoGraph, I would like to have AR and Hair too though, I do plan to add those eventually. I have some cool plugins like Stormtracer, Fast&fur and Silverbullet and of course all of Cactus Dans tools that help fill in some of the gaps/add extra features though.

My attitude is that the software should at least partly pay its own way, I did an animation job recently that allowed me to buy parts to build a new PC, so I guess it's helping pay for the hardware too smile.gif

Cheers,

Brian

Yo, Brian! 3 years! Long enough I admit. rolleyes.gif

The shadow problem has nothing to do with GI. It happens when GI is turned off. I've already submitted the problem to MAXON.