Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aa Setings For Animation

28 posts in this topic

im off home now but il stick some stuff up tommorow, i just need to check if i can as the client hasnt seen it yet, although lesia44 and mala have seen it to check if they could see any flickering,

managed to get flicker free object animation with aa set to 2x2 and 4x4,

what is it thats not good with the AA? ive never had a problem with it, except when you go over 2x2 and 4x4 and it goes very very slow,

but i hardly do any animation stuff so your in more of a position to know the problems, im doing more and more of it though and would like to know so i can avoid any issues

Edited by colibert

He's right. The AA in C4D is below-standard. It's not something which is always evident, and far less so when you're only doing still work. But I just started a thread a couple weeks back, about serious AA issues when trying to get clean reflections along some very fine edges of my models. I had to go 4x4-8x8 to solve the problem. Clearly, that is a SERIOUS time hit on the render. I often reference Electric Image, and rightly so. While I detest their UI, the final renders from their "Camera" module are stunning, and comparatively fast. Plus, EIAS never has issues with flickering shadows, or the like. I wish C4D could license whatever code EI uses for their rendering engine.

when i render i always do multi-pass renders with alpha's. that way i can hit the alphas in AE with fast blur and minimax (i actually use a free sub pixel plugin that's free from ObviousFX in place of minimax). i don't have a lot of experience with other 3d programs besides Maya. but as i've experienced AA quality issues it's always a matter of pumping up the min to max sampling.