Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Drawing Bezier Splines

6 posts in this topic

#1   Posted

This seems like a simple question but I can't find the answer anywhere...

When I'm drawing bezier splines, is there a way to constrain the handles when I adjust them? For example, in Illustrator, I just hold shift and it locks the angle so that I can adjust the length without messing up my angle. Can C4D do this? How?

#2   Posted

I'm afraid you can't by my knowledge... C4D hardly is a vector handling program, the splines are a laugh to illustrator.

I would suggest you create your splines in illustrator and then import it into C4D (you need to use the older version, up to 8 works I believe)

#3   Posted

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I keep thinking to myself - one day I'll get good at drawing curves in C4D... but why try when they don't even have basic tools like this? Not to down c4d - I love it, I think the curves editor could use a little spiffing up though.

#4   Posted

Lol, I agree with you on that! But I must say,... after some time, you become strangely accustomed to having an axis around to move a point! I hate clicking those small little points and then click them again just to move them around...

#5   Posted

Good news. The trick to changing the length but not altering the angle is to use the scale tool. Just click and drag in the viewport. Don't use the scale tool handles. :)

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

#6   Posted

Another little tip is to draw your lines with the linear tool, three points is all that's needed. Then convert them to beziers.