Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vray?

32 posts in this topic

I don't use AO very often because it has a tendency to make things look dirty. Notice the bottom of the telephone numbers. They're starting to look as if they've been standing in a wet field for a year or two. :signthankspin: Although sometimes, used sparingly, it can work OK in the corners of rooms.

Cheers

Karl

Edited by Lesia44

Achievements

I don't like AO much for exactly that reason. As you point out, Karl, the shadows at the bottom of the numbers are completely artificial and shouldn't be there. AO has only generated them because of the proximity of the ground. To me they look like stains.

If GI is set correctly, AO shouldn't really be necessary.

thank you ill look into not using it so much :signthankspin:

i do like the finish and the numbers look and feel are signed off.

its one of those (high production) low budget things! you know not so precious about it.

thanks to you lot up there (above) for your thoughts etc on the subject

G

I thought we made a thread for the comparing of render engines a month ago, what happen to them and why aren't anyone pointing the questioner to any of the reviews or threads.

Almost forgot, cinema renderer AR3 is quit as good as vray as i recall in the thread we made here about amonth ago as "Dataflow" should remember.

There where lots of render between FR, AR3, and vray.......

.....honestly you couldn't really tell the difference in vray or AR3.

Lesia.......how can you put down AR3 or FR if you don't even have or use ether of those.

Edited by mrkucz

Did I put either of them down?

Cheers

Karl

Achievements

no but you put 1 up :)

Achievements

sorry to go a little off topic here but i've noticed that the vray forum seems to be down. any ideas on what's the status on repairing it?