Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vray physical camera

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I am trying to create a studio setup with Vray.

post-98364-0-26559300-1291939838_thumb.p

This is what it looks like with the physical camera turned off but when I turn it on it just renders a completely black screen. I searched around a bit on google trying to find a solution and most of them mentioned turning exposure off but that didn't work either. Even if I just use the default settings on everything using the physical camera property still renders nothing but a black image.

Any advice at all? beg.gif

Posted

Have you tried the V-Ray support forum?

Alan.

Posted

If you want to post your scene, I wouldn't mind having a look at it for you. What version of Vray are you using? It's always best to use the latest release (1.2.5.1).

Posted (edited)

The VRay Physical Camera works like a real camera, in this case the VRay camera needs more light. You can lower the shutter speed to about 100 or maybe lower, you can increase the ISO setting to 400 or 800, you can adjust the F-stop settings, you can increase brightness of your scene lights or can do all of these.

Edited by mmVRay

Posted (edited)

Have you tried the V-Ray support forum?

Alan.

That idea actually did not occur to me at all xD

If you want to post your scene, I wouldn't mind having a look at it for you. What version of Vray are you using? It's always best to use the latest release (1.2.5.1).

Here.

http://www.filefront.com/17629054/Studio Setup_V1.c4d

EDIT: I just remembered that the textures probably won't work from just the scene, it is just some textures for the light planes and a HDRI map for the environment.

I use release 1.2.5.0

The VRay Physical Camera works like a real camera, in this case the VRay camera needs more light. You can lower the shutter speed to about 100 or maybe lower, you can increase the ISO setting to 400 or 800, you can adjust the F-stop settings, you can increase brightness of your scene lights or can do all of these.

Yeah I am in a photography class in school so I know a bit about the camera settings but the thing is that whatever settings I use it still comes out as a black screen.

Thanks for the help guys smile.gif

Edited by NinthJake

Posted

Uncheck 'Fixed Exposure Increments' in the physical camera attributes.

Mark

Posted (edited)

Have you got an Area Light somewhere in front of the camera (between camera and screen)? If you have go into the Area tab and make it invisible. Sorry, can't look at your file at the moment.

Cheers

Karl

Edited by StCanas

Posted

I usually use area lights as opposed to a luminous plane. I'm not really sure what the problem is, but if you increase the intensity of your luminance a lot, I mean A LOT, somewhere around 8000% it renders as would expect. This doesn't seem normal to me though...

Posted

heres my result ,when I push the render button

post-11135-0-28842700-1291993490_thumb.j

Posted

Could you explain why you are using intensity gamma as your color mapping method? Also, you really should use LWF - it will improve the quality of your render no end.

Posted (edited)

I've had a very quick look at your file. Is this what you are after? Please note, I only used very low settings.

post-169-0-68251400-1291994699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neil V

Posted (edited)

@hulaboy

That did not work I'm afraid, thanks for the tip though.

@StCanas

There are no lights in the scene, I only use illuminating planes and GI.

@imonkey

That is really weird indeed, at least I know it (kinda) works now :/

@urban_h

That is probably because the HDRI map for the environment is missing.

@Neil V

Because I tested different settings :P

I have no idea what LWF is but thanks for the tip, I will look it up. sc018.gif

@Neil V

Well my goal would be to get it to look as the image I posted but getting the physical camera in Vray to work correctly. That does look amazing though.

Edited by NinthJake