Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Announcing Nitroblast Plugin By Nitroman

135 posts in this topic

Posted

NitroBlastBig.png

This is an announcement on behalf of Nitroman. I've been using this plugin for several weeks and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's probably the best Cinema 4D plugin that I have ever used. The results are nothing short of amazing. Get this, the plugin is easy to use. Some of the effects that I have wanted to do with Thinking Particles but couldn't figure out, I can now do in minutes. The "Bomb" object is super cool to play with to do bomb effects especially with multiple bombs. Extruded Text Spline objects can be blown apart with ease and without making anything editable.

The plugin will be available to purchase here at around 30 - 40 Euros in the couple of days time. Nitroman has put together some very good tutorial videos. He is just updating his site with everything so please be patient.

Release 12 Studio edition required as the plugin uses Dynamics.

3DKiwi

Click on the video to watch at a higher resolution.

NITROBLAST

NITROBLAST

A new fracturing plugin from the creator of Thrausi and Catastrophe. Allowing completely automatic, collision driven fracturing, Nitroblast is written from the ground up to be faster, bigger, more powerful and better from all angles than the previous fracturing plugins.

Even though it's numerous, powerful features, it was designed with simple, easy to use interface in mind. Features include:

Autobreak: Completely automatic impact based fracturing: You don't have to do anything, just run a dynamics simulation or even a custom animation with 2 objects colliding, and the auto-break will do the rest. It will break the objects based on their impact point. It supports:

- Multibreak for multiple colliders on an object,

- Deepbreak (as described below)

- Cracks: Generate parametric Cracks for the part of the object that stays behind

Deep Break: Used for incremental breaking of an object. For example you when want to break an object into pieces, and then these pieces to break again themselves when they collide with another object. You can easily set up the breaking levels as well as which objects will initiate them, with Deep Break.

Voronoi break quality: Low, Medium, High and Extreme. Low is for fastest, Extreme is for the highest quality final result, that fully preserves the original shape of the most complex objects.

Vertex map based fracturing: You can use vertex map to control the density of the fractures, as well as intuitively control with a fall-off of which pieces are static and which are dynamic.

Thickness: You can set the fractured object to be hollow inside, with a controlled parameter.

Bake Normals: Bakes the normals for removing any artifacts from the object's surface, that were visible after the fracturing.

Bake Object : 1-click bake of any object that has a dynamic tag (including Nitroblast objects) into keyframes and export in a format that can transfer your work to other programs .

Transparency: For transparent objects, you can hide the fractured pieces inside before the impact.

Style presets: Already including preset settings for stone, artifact free glass and lava, you can also easily create your own presets.

Dust: Automatically generated dust. It is Thinking Particles based, so it can be edited or used in conjunction with other Thinking Particles for further control.

Materials: You can apply inside and outside materials. By using a subpolygon displacement material for the inside surfaces, more realistic cuts can easily be created, that are not flat.

Easily set which pieces are static and which are dynamic.

Special Nitroblast objects are used to provide elaborate and intuitive control over the fractured objects. Furthermore, parametric objects (such as nurbs objects) are preserved, so they can be changed and fractured again.

Additional tools:

Nitroblast Splinebreak: Break and extrude any spline into fully parametrical individual segments. Animatable parameters include: Mode (segment size or count), Offset, Depth, Gap and others.

Nitroblast Bomb: Can be used to automatically fracture, and explode an object on an impact point. Bomb can also be used to effortlessly explode already shattered objects.

Nitroblast Cut: Break an object based on other objects. This way you can define the shape and weighting of the fractures, the fall-off, the limits, or even break the object with pieces that are based on the shape of polygons or splines.

Posted

Congratulations, this looks absolutely brilliant. I think this is what they call a 'no brainer'.

Cheers

Karl

Posted

Makes me want to upgrade to R12...

Congrats Nitroman - it looks brilliant and I wouldn´t hesitate a minute to buy it, if I had R12 Studio.

Posted

That looks nice.

/randy

Posted

Fantastic!!

I am getting this one as soon it comes out :thisrocks:

Cheers

Posted

This is NitroMan's masterpiece. Having been a part of the testing, I can say it is the "Swiss Knife" of plug-ins. It is very easy to use and it has great flexibility in combining effects.You'll be "playing" with this rather addictive plug-in for weeks. The glass shattering is pure genius, with the splintered impact point, to the spreading cracks...just amazing. I have done a few videos of this in action, as has NitroMan...and they will be available on his site and here.I'll put mine up as soon as I get the go-ahead.I wouldn't even imagine what this would cost in the hands of a big company, but 30-40 Euros is a HUGE BARGAIN. There are a number of material presets...and you can easily "roll your own" and add them to the preset list. I don't want to steal NitroMan's thunder, so I'll shut up now and not give too many details...but I am an enthusiastic fan. :thisrocks:

Posted (edited)

I saw this, and called MAXON and ordered my R12 upgrade.

There's just too much for R12 now that I can't do without. Should arrive tomorrow.

WOOT!

Can't wait to start breaking stuff up, the plugin looks AMAZING!!

Morph

EDIT: Where'd my avatar go?

Edited by morpheus

Posted (edited)

Out looking for the RUM?! Maybe...

Edited by PixelPit

Posted

Haha. That's probably it!

Posted

It looks amazing! I'm loving the crack generator !! :thisrocks:

Posted

He had to take a break once he saw the upgrade price :thisrocks:

Cheers

Posted

Wallet is now empty.

Avatar is back! Changes all round.

Love the look of the deepbreak option in Nitroblast!

Morph

Posted

wow

Posted

Maybe it is just me, but this feels more like Catastrophe V2 than a whole new plugin. Given that Nitro4D has always been a source of tremendous value to the C4D community, my hope is that there will be some path for current Catastrophe owners to upgrade to Nitroblast at a discounted rate. Otherwise, paying over 2 times as much for Nitroblast over Catastrophe (e.g. 30 to 40 euros vs. 15 for Catastrophe) for what is essentially an upgrade is going to require some soul searching on my part as to whether I purchase this plugin.

Maybe it is too early to raise this flag, but best to raise it now before the official pricing get's announced.

Thanks,

3D-Pangel

Posted

Maybe it is just me, but this feels more like Catastrophe V2 than a whole new plugin. Given that Nitro4D has always been a source of tremendous value to the C4D community, my hope is that there will be some path for current Catastrophe owners to upgrade to Nitroblast at a discounted rate. Otherwise, paying over 2 times as much for Nitroblast over Catastrophe (e.g. 30 to 40 euros vs. 15 for Catastrophe) for what is essentially an upgrade is going to require some soul searching on my part as to whether I purchase this plugin.

Maybe it is too early to raise this flag, but best to raise it now before the official pricing get's announced.

Thanks,

3D-Pangel

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe. And the money will support Nitroman to carry on doing his magic.

But I think you have a thing with getting your software as cheap as possible, if I remember correctly from previous posts :thisrocks: I´m with you all the way on that with Adobe, Autodesk or ,as of late, MAXON, but plugin developers like Nitroman deserve the asking price. Again IMO.

Posted

This guy is on fire... making some really cool plugins for C4D.. MAXON grab him fast and hirer him..

Posted (edited)

This looks amazing, absolutely worth buying.

imo Nitroblast combines all the previous endeavors of catastrophe and its predecessors.

I have to agree with 3D-Pangel though, I would like to see some kind of discount for this "upgraded version" of Catastrophe. I'm sure a lot of work has gone into it, but some gesture towards existing customers would be nice. (as this plugin makes Catastrophe obsolete)

Great job,

Cheers

Edited by Novaricus

Posted

Can we get some short demo videos that aren't 20 minutes long?

Posted

Wow, this looks brillant! Great work again, Nitro!!! Buying as soon as it's available.

Cheers,

Josh

Posted

Thanks Nitroman. You really have a lot packed into this one.

Posted

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe. And the money will support Nitroman to carry on doing his magic.

But I think you have a thing with getting your software as cheap as possible, if I remember correctly from previous posts :thisrocks: I´m with you all the way on that with Adobe, Autodesk or ,as of late, MAXON, but plugin developers like Nitroman deserve the asking price. Again IMO.

I agree with you...Nitro4D needs our support...but then again, he also needs to understand that people who have supported him in the past also need to be taken care of - that is how you make your current users loyal and open the door to future loyal customers. People who have never purchased from Catastrophe in the past may wonder if they should purchase Nitroblast now. After all, in 6 months NitroNuke (or whatever the next version is called) could be released - so some may be inclined to wait for that next version to be released if they know there is no upgrade path from Nitroblast. But if they knew that buying Nitroblast now helps get them a discount on the next follow-on products or versions, that concern is removed and Nitroman gets a sale today. Everybody wins. This is just good business.

Also, times are tough! Why shouldn't I always look for a discount? Usually, if you ask with respect and make a very good argument to support your request, people listen and you get the discount. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Try it sometime - you may surprise yourself.

3D-Pangel

Posted (edited)

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe.

It doesn't build upon Catastrophe though. It does use some ideas that he tried to implement in Catastrophe, but he came a long way since then and it had to be written completely from scratch in order to implement those ideas properly. And it shows, this is a very professional plugin. That's why it's not called Catastrophe 2, to avoid such mix-ups.

As for remembering his supporters and loyal customers, he remembers alright. Let's not reach to conclusions before even announcing a pricing plan yet. :thisrocks:

Edited by SimonTheSorcerer

Posted

I'm going to have to go with 3-D Pangel on this one. Nitroman is making great plugins. But, his (Nitro's) attitude towards these plugins need to step up to a more professional level. "Catastrophe is no commercial grade software. Instead it’s my spare time killer and I develop Catastrophe for the fun of myself and all users that like it. As I cannot base my living on the earnings from this project I have to put the majority of my work power into a regular job." It is time for him to get rid of this quote as a disclaimer. For those of us who have paid for his plugins in the past and would like him to continue development this continued attitude is unproffesional. These plugins are a part time job for him. I have no problem with that. But, it is time to man up and make this a real business. Everyone who "donates" needs to be added to a list for that plugin and should get updates or update paths at reduced or free prices. We need to be treated like real customers now. It has been several years already that he is developing these plugins.

And to those who say Nitroblast is new, no way. Look at the development chain. X-breaker, Thrausi, Catastrophe, Nitroblast. Each has built on the concept of the plugin before it. These are most certainly related. Anyway I look forward to its release. But if the price is 40 Euro I want customer support and everything that goes with a real transaction.

Posted

Can we get some short demo videos that aren't 20 minutes long?

I have some short demos....but I'm still waiting for permission.

Posted

I agree with you...Nitro4D needs our support...but then again, he also needs to understand that people who have supported him in the past also need to be taken care of - that is how you make your current users loyal and open the door to future loyal customers. People who have never purchased from Catastrophe in the past may wonder if they should purchase Nitroblast now. After all, in 6 months NitroNuke (or whatever the next version is called) could be released - so some may be inclined to wait for that next version to be released if they know there is no upgrade path from Nitroblast. But if they knew that buying Nitroblast now helps get them a discount on the next follow-on products or versions, that concern is removed and Nitroman gets a sale today. Everybody wins. This is just good business.

Also, times are tough! Why shouldn't I always look for a discount? Usually, if you ask with respect and make a very good argument to support your request, people listen and you get the discount. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Try it sometime - you may surprise yourself.

3D-Pangel

We are not in disagreement about discounts - at all. :thisrocks: As I wrote: I´m with you all the way on that. Sorry if it somehow came across as an ad hominem attack - it wasn´t my intention.

You bring some good arguments to the table - I understand your reasoning perfectly now, so thanks for clearing it up/elaborating.