Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maxon Uk User Group Meeting

34 posts in this topic

Posted

MUGpic3.png

Hi folks,

Just a heads-up for our UK members about a forthcoming User Group event that will be held in London on the 17th of October.

Here's some info :

A working day full of CINEMA 4D training - 5 hours of training for just £70 ex VAT.

Choose to learn five or six from the eight available topics.

Work faster and smarter with CINEMA 4D R13. The tips and tricks workshop shows you how.

Get to grips with MoGraph, the leading tool for 3D motion graphics, in a 90-minute workshop.

See how to rig and animate characters the easy way in CINEMA 4D R13 Studio.

Also learn about: Physical Renderer, XPresso, Stereoscopic Workflow, and Dynamics.

Network with MAXON staff and CINEMA 4D users over a fork buffet lunch.

Q&A session. Find solutions to problems you've encountered in CINEMA 4D.

For more info please check out the MAXON UK shop webpage. As far as I know it's limited to registered Cinema 4D owners and places are pretty limited so book early. Hope to see some of you there :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Brian

Posted

Should be a fun event. I've heard about that Horgan chap somewhere before and he seems to know what he's yakking on about.

Enjoy your trip to the Smoke and send me a doggy bag. :thumbsup:

Alan.

Posted (edited)

I'm jealous! Wish we had a big enough user base in Eugene, OR to do something like this. :thumbsup: Have fun guys...

Jeff

Edited by whthawk

Posted

Should be a fun event. I've heard about that Horgan chap somewhere before and he seems to know what he's yakking on about.

Alan.

Your right enough Al. I'm sure he goes by the name of Horganinski, Horganooski or something like that. It'll come to me.

I wish I had the cash to go but skintness (new words brought to you by Wreckthevocabulary.plc) is rife in ma hoose.

Have fun Brian and anyone else that's lucky enough to go.

Posted (edited)

I am tempted, any chance of a discount, for Cafe club members? :thumbsup:

Edited by digitvisions

Posted (edited)

I got this info from Liam but didn't know the schedule.

Looks pretty good so will most likely be going. Haven't seen the guys from Painting Practice since I did some work for them a while back when they were working on Day of the Triffids.

Morph

EDIT: Got my ticket. See you there Brian!

Edited by morpheus

Posted

Wow that looks fun! Any chance they will tape it so we can see the presentation from around the world?

Posted

Thanks guys, it would be great to meet up with some of you there. @Alan - I'll do my best : )

Cheers,

Brian

Posted

Just got my bought my ticket, this is my first MAXON User Group Meeting... :thumbsup:

I'm a bit skin too but will get my work to reimburse me....

Posted

Brian the celebrity! :thumbsup:

Posted

This looks like great fun! Congrats on being a guest speaker, Brian! I would love to see the presentations! Hopefully they get taped!

Cheers,

Josh

Posted

Hi Everyone

Looking forward to meeting up with you all and hopefully showing you some cool stuff that I've been working on. I'll be there and presenting in the morning sc018.gif

See you there

Cheers

Justin

Posted

BTW someone might want to take a few photos and shoot them through to me. I might start a new gallery album for C4D related events e.g. Siggraph.

Thanks

Nigel

Posted

hey Brian oh i wish i can come :(

but we have just done our Middle east 4th users meeting from 2 months hope there is one soon

i would like to ask you to save the meeting on a video and upload it for us ;)

regards

Tarek

Posted

Many thanks guys : )

I can't say for sure, but I think I did hear mention that the presentations may be recorded and put online after the event, don't quote me on that though.

Cheers.

Brian

Posted

Starting to think that the event might need to be relocated to a safer place, oh say Afghanistan maybe? :thumbsup:

Posted

They better not, I've just booked my flight ; )

Cheers,

Brian

Posted

Hey Folks,

Just thought I'd give you a sneak peek at what I'm working on for my presentation. I'm going to demonstrate how to rig and animate this character from scratch pretty much.

I'll be starting with just a mesh and using a custom Builder Template I've been working on (with a lot of help from Bret and David at MAXON) I'll cover using the builder to quickly rig this guy up. Then I'm going to cover the dark art of weight painting to improve the deformations and demonstrate my workflow for making things work cleanly.

Next I'll cover blocking in a basic walk with CMotion and then baking that to keyframes and polishing the animation using good old animation principles : ) This will allow me to show some animation tricks and tips and some of the improvements to the timeline in R13.

A lot to cover, so I think you can see why I went for a simple character like this. He's a really fun character to animate with though and is very deformable, the rig will include a couple of features you don't typically see in a basic biped rig. I hope to cover a good mix between rigging and animation concepts.

Here's a quick preview of the character with a rough CMotion walkcycle in place. Still very much a WIP at this stage though ; )

Cheers.

Brian

Posted

Nice Brian.

Can't wait to watch.

Morph

Posted

hehe. Looks neat, Brian!

Cheers,

Josh

Posted

Many thanks guys, I'm excited to give this presentation and am working away on ideas. I want to make sure there's a good bit of information about workflow, methods etc in what I show for it.

Cheers,

Brian

Posted

Looks like the date of this has now been changed to October 17th which means I won't be going now. Too close to a project deadline and also on a weekday instead of the original Saturday.

Shame as I was all set to go with my ticket.

M

Posted

That's a shame Morph, was hoping to meet up with you and as many of the regulars here as possible. Would be cool to put some faces to the names smile.gif

Unfortunately the date of the user event was proving unpopular as it was planned at the end of the school holidays and on a weekend. The recent user meeting survey results suggested a weekend would be fine, but in light of the recent feedback when talking to customers, the event would be far more popular if it was on a week day, out of holiday season. With that in mind, MAXON has moved the event to Monday October 17th. The event will also focus far more on training in order to maximise the learning benefit and will be rebranded as a training day.

Cheers,

Brian

Posted

There's still a chance I could make it, I just can't book a ticket until closer to the time.

So you never know.

M

Posted

being 30 miles away im very tempted by this, is this open to all levels of cinema 4d users?

gav