Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Vrayforc4D Marginally Better Than The Native Physical Render Engine In R13?

29 posts in this topic

In the early days of Vray for C4D I offered to update it for them and make it a bit more readable. I did a lot of work on it but in the end they junked it all and kept on with the slightly sad documentation they have at the moment.

Ha! I did exactly the same thing. Went through the whole thing and corrected all the pokey English which resulted in it being a much easier and more helpful read. All I got in return was a rather terse "Er... why would you want to do that?" off Stefan.

Cheers

Karl

Achievements

I find almost all vray for max tuts can translate well, does require having a decent base knowledge though.

There's quite a few good example scene files when you buy vray so it doesn't take long to pick it apart and get going.

This is kind of apauling to me, after spending a lot of money on the product you now have to grovel to get answers to basic questions?

Genuinely have never felt this or seen it on the forums, maybe you're reading too much in between the lines of some posts,Maybe a lot is lost in translation? You can email Stefan at any time to get support or go to the forums "registered users area" to get a quick response.

cheers

brasc

Genuinely have never felt this or seen it on the forums

The only thing I'd say about the Vray forum is that you're more likely to get a good response if you post something architecturally realted than any other subject which means you'll get less attention if you're not an archviz guy. Understandable though as Vray is so big in the atchviz world.

Cheers

Karl

Achievements

I'll keep an eye out maybe I'll witness it, the Archviz definitely dominates as you say, probably also because Stefan is a visualiser!

I used to be a visualiser so maybe that's why I've not had any issue, I've only been using it for a year though and not much viz.

cheers

brasc