Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Increasing Render Time Due To Frame Position

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I've notice some weird behaviours of c4d while rendering my scene:

Imagine i've my scene. If i render at frame 1, rendering time is X. If I render in frame 90, time in 10X etc, even if in all those frames the scene is ABSOLUTELY identical and no change happen.

Any idea?

post-117095-0-60378200-1341335366_thumb.

post-117095-0-74882200-1341335373_thumb.

Edited by Nemus

Posted (edited)

This can happen if you have some dynamics, hair etc in your scene - basically anything that needs to calculate all the frames up to the one you are currently rendering.

Edited by tomo

Posted

This can happen if you have some dynamics, hair etc in your scene - basically anything that needs to calculate all the frames up to the one you are currently rendering.

You are my own, personal, messiah.

So, what if I need to start my render at f#1000 for example? Even if I let the animation play in my editor til the requested frame, and then start my render from there, render time is too high.

Solutions?

Posted

Bake/cache the simulation. It will take some time but you will be able to render any frame in relatively the same time afterwards.

Posted (edited)

Bake/cache the simulation. It will take some time but you will be able to render any frame in relatively the same time afterwards.

Well, it's a cloth tag, I suppose I need to cache it (never understood the difference between caching and baking).

Just one more question: the "clothed" object is inside a clothnurbs object. Does this create any problem to the caching process?

Edited by Nemus

Posted

I guess it is the same thing in this context, at least I use both terms interchangeably. You can only bake a texture, but you can bake/cache a simulation.

Anyway, the Clothnurbs shouldn't cause you any problems as it doesn't directly influence the simulation process.

Posted

I guess it is the same thing in this context, at least I use both terms interchangeably. You can only bake a texture, but you can bake/cache a simulation.

Anyway, the Clothnurbs shouldn't cause you any problems as it doesn't directly influence the simulation process.

Thank you very much :)