Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tent Setting Simulation?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

hi

a client asked me to do an animation to set a tent and sent me this example http://youtu.be/zaYS2q5X9Cw?t=5m53s the important part is the pulling of the vinyl over the structure, I've tried cloth tag changing all the settings (rubber, friction, stiffness...) and always get the same result a latex-silky like consistency, and it seem to stuck in the corner turning up to the top, do I am using the right tag or need another one? or is something more complex even :oops: (attached a view of what i got)

thanks for reading :wackywink:

post-136436-0-02336200-1341434897_thumb.

Posted

Not sure I would use cloth for this. I would look at using a Splinewrap deformer as per the attached scene.

Is this any use?

3DKiwi

p.s. Is your profile information correct? Pretty sure Prime doesn't have cloth.

Posted (edited)

Hard to tell from your screenshot, but you may have too many subdivisions on your cloth. How you subdivide you cloth makes a big difference too. Also, in the force tab you might want to try forces to 0 except for gravity.

3DKiwi, that is quite a nice solution!! Love that thinking outside the cloth!!

Edited by airbusch

Posted (edited)

thanks a lot, for your answers, I'm going to check your files and check what happens :wackywink:

(mm gonna ask the version to boss some guy here told me it was the prime but surely he doesn't know) :oops:

Edited by piper