Insydium Cycles
Insydium Cycles
SIgor

MAXON new Radeon ProRenderer 'leaked'

33 posts in this topic

Looks like it is coming along nicely.  It would be interesting to know if they're planning for R19 or R20 release of it.

As it´s free then can be added to C4D also inbetween upgrade cycle (something like R18 BodyPaint update next year). Hope it will not be key feature for next releases (maybe in case of 100percent support of native c4d materials)...

19 minutes ago, bezo said:

As it´s free then can be added to C4D also inbetween upgrade cycle (something like R18 BodyPaint update next year). Hope it will not be key feature for next releases (maybe in case of 100percent support of native c4d materials)...

We can only wait and see. :) At least we have some info regarding new stuff in Cinema! 

1 person likes this

Sort of thing I would have expected to see on MAXON's blog.

Thanks for the heads up, looks nice and  certainly is welcome for a better faster solution as a native C4D render engine, C4D really needs its own IPR.  Iv invested in Vray now, so hope that r19 is not totaly based off this as its main feature, but can see how for the new prospect customer it will be very appealing as the likes of MODO has been ahead in the rendering department for some time.

Dan

11 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

Sort of thing I would have expected to see on MAXON's blog.

Yea I agree.

MAXON to the rescue of c4d on macs?

2 minutes ago, goodomen said:

MAXON to the rescue of c4d on macs?

Whats wrong with Mac's C4D? :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with C4D on my Mac. I love it. To hear some of the people you'd think the Mac is a sinking ship. I've heard that for 20 years; it never goes away but varies in intensity. No one knows what surprise announcements they may make for the Mac next year but according to all these experts they have an inside line to Tim Cook.

C4D on my new 4.0 GHz i7 quad  iMac is SO sweet.

1 hour ago, SIgor said:

Whats wrong with Mac's C4D? :)

Nothing, I use c4d on mac, but  "whole world" is switching to octane or similar renders (nvidia only) and new Mac are  AMD gpu only.

On 13.12.2016 at 9:11 PM, bezo said:

Lol.  Everything else but a main feature in R19 would be a huge suprise. Integrating and developing a new render engine with complete new tech is a huge task. Read the blog post about it. There are enough indicators about the complexity of this.

1 person likes this