Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D
Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D
SIgor

MAXON new Radeon ProRenderer 'leaked'

33 posts in this topic

^^ Yes I was using it with Houdini on few projects. Amazing fast, reliable and without RAM limitation. Really production proof. Reminds me on Arnold development. One thing to note that there is no OSX version so far.

1 hour ago, Sreckom said:

^^ Yes I was using it with Houdini on few projects. Amazing fast, reliable and without RAM limitation. Really production proof. Reminds me on Arnold development. One thing to note that there is no OSX version so far.

True for now ;o)

6 hours ago, JuanRender said:

Dou you know of another rendering engine that can show volume rendering of fire and smoke in an IPR window

yes , Arnold can do this. here is a video (old video ) :

and arnold works great with x particles 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, virtualzapp said:

Hi Guys,

Render engines are now coming out quickly than ever for some reason. 

To be continued...

That comment struck a nerve because I do remember a particular discussion in a trade journal about the "next big thing" in CG.  I mean, what is really the next big thing?  We've successfully crossed the uncanny valley and can render trillions of polygons (the space station model in Star Trek Beyond topped out at 1 trillion).  Speaking of which, the technologies to handle massive data sets are reaching such a nice level of maturity that we can  convincingly simulate armies of all sorts of terrible creatures,  conjure up fully realized fantastic worlds of incredible detail and richness and then dispatch them with equally graphic world ending disasters.   Honestly, what is left in the imagination that CG cannot make photo real?

For a number of years, there was always "the next big thing" coming in CG.  So when asked what the next big thing was in that article, I was stuck for a moment wondering what it would be but was surprised by how deceptively simple the answer was:

"Do everything we can do now, but only faster and cheaper"

And I think that is why the focus has turned to GPU based render engines.

Dave

3 people like this

51 minutes ago, bezo said:

Well spotted, nice to see a video that show cases Radion Pro, and to see that it is geared for 2017 i.e r19, looks like r19 is going to be a big one for the majority, especially new comers.

Dan

Awesome that it can use GPU and CPU at the same time. Really looking forward to this. They mentioned it's coming in 2017, so this should be introduced in R19.