Cinema 4D Plugin
Cinema 4D Plugin
kana

Knife tool issue ?

32 posts in this topic

Will be good to know how many betatesters are here on c4dcafe. As I know, there was a lot of them in the past...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bezo said:

Will be good to know how many betatesters are here on c4dcafe. As I know, there was a lot of them in the past...

As far as I know, I am the only one engaged into community...others not so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Awesome... :) Is it fun for you like its fun for me? 

They are all fun in their own way, some where to help  find bugs, and others for bugs and to give input into future development in how certain tools where  implemented. Its a good place to be when your a tutor also, as you can get ahead in developing training ahead of time.  Rather than find issue with software as a user and wait to see if it gets fixed id rather put more time in and pick to pieces a tool, give feedback, and be part of its development in some way, from a user perspective, get slightly closer on the inside loop you could say. ::):

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rectro said:

They are all fun in their own way, some where to help  find bugs, and others for bugs and to give input into future development in how certain tools where  implemented. Its a good place to be when your a tutor also, as you can get ahead in developing training ahead of time.  Rather than find issue with software as a user and wait to see if it gets fixed id rather put more time in and pick to pieces a tool, give feedback, and be part of its development in some way, from a user perspective, get slightly closer on the inside loop you could say. ::):

 

Dan

I agree with everything you say. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded the patch, so I'm on 18.039. In trying to use the Plane Cut tool, I have Auto Snap enabled. But it doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrittman said:

Just downloaded the patch, so I'm on 18.039. In trying to use the Plane Cut tool, I have Auto Snap enabled. But it doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever. Am I missing something?

Hmmm, I cant remember how it was in last version, but it only snaps in FREE Plane Mode, which I found also strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Hmmm, I cant remember how it was in last version, but it only snaps in FREE Plane Mode, which I found also strange. 

Yeah, in R15/16 when I enabled the knife tool, my snapping would turn on, which was very useful. Now in R18, my snapping does not turn on, even with this newest update. A little frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mrittman said:

Just downloaded the patch, so I'm on 18.039. In trying to use the Plane Cut tool, I have Auto Snap enabled. But it doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever. Am I missing something?

Its working for me. Auto snap is on, and is snapping to verts.  Your not using a parametric object right?

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Its working for me. Auto snap is on, and is snapping to verts.

 

Dan

And snapping turns off automatically when disabling the knife tool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mrittman said:

And snapping turns off automatically when disabling the knife tool?

Yes, the snapping option is on by default when selecting the knife  tool, or Axis snap and snaps fine, and is not activating the snapping you see in the left pallet at any time either.

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Yes, the snapping option is on by default when selecting the knife  tool, or Axis snap and snaps fine, and is not activating the snapping you see in the left pallet at any time either.

 

Dan

Well what the in the world. Not sure why it wouldn't be working on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrittman said:

Well what the in the world. Not sure why it wouldn't be working on my end.

Just to check, you are talking about snapping from vert to vert right?

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.