Photo

A Better Way To Make A Teapot Spout?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Traligill

Traligill
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

I have been trying to model a teapot starting from a sphere (and hypernurb) and modelling with points. I tried to make the spout by extrudeing and fiddling with the points. Its ok but not near as 'sharp' and clean as I would like. Is there a better way?

cheers,, Susan
I have the honour of being the slowest modeller this side of the black stump!!

#2 Guest_tomDizzle_*

Guest_tomDizzle_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

I find an easier way to model a teapot is using a bezier spline and lathe nurbs. When it comes to the spout, I use a loft nurbs, with maybe 3 or 4 circles.

#3 Traligill

Traligill
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for you reply chuckdraws. I have not used a phong tag before, not even sure what that is, but hopefully it will make my spout look better
I shall go and investigate!

#4 Damsel

Damsel
  • 2,132 posts
  • C4D Version:12 (or older)

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

When I did one, I used two circles (the bottom one larger and the spout circle smaller) and a Loft NURBS to connect them. I could then adjust the number of U and V subdivisions and then use the select loop tool to move and rotate them into the shape of the spout. I then deleted a polygon on my teapot and moved the spout into position and connected them, then welded the points. I also dropped it into a hyper NURBS object. A little moving things around to finalize the shape and that was it. There is no wrong way...many ways to do the same thing including extrude and others. :-) This was just the way I did it.
I was born with nothing, I still have most of it.

#5 Traligill

Traligill
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

Tom Dizzle,

Thanks for your reply and sorry I didn't acknowledge it before. Your post didn't appear till after I had replied. ( You probably realise that one's first couple of posts are checked by a moderator before they appear on the forum) Will definitely try out your advice as well and see which works best for me.

Damsel, thanks for that deltailed explanation, I will give it a whirl!!

Thanks chuck, I have just discovered the phong tag and am playing with it at the moment :) hope your hand doesn't fall off [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users