Forums, gallery and free tutorials for Cinema 4D. Registration is fast and free. Please ensure you read our rules before joining.

Photo

A Poor Ar3 Test Result

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 Horganovski

Horganovski

Toon in:Power on:Ease out

• Moderators
  • 9,680 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Does Mograph come free with Thinking Particles ?

Well with R11 MoGraph is now part of the Studio bundle, so if you buy that you get MoGraph for 'free' [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

Realistically I'd say that anyone using Cinema on a full-time professional basis probably has the full set of modules anyway.

Cheers,
Brian

#22 paulselhi

paulselhi

"He should be hung" I think he is Your Majesty

• 4,568 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

However this IS a bug with TP and shadows in R11, Mograph may be a workaround but it is still a bug
And even if the shadows did work a 70+ hours poor quality render for 800 frames ( albeit in my baby dual core) does not look that good for the supposid "awesome" new object animation gi

I would like to see more people do some complex object animation tests to see how R11 performs, no doubt render times and quality would be better than my initial fumblings. I was particularly unimpressed with the 14 passes taking up over 4GB of disk space at medium settings

Edited by paulselhi, 11 September 2008 - 09:39 AM.

#23 StCanas

StCanas

This is not me...

• 4,399 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

"Realistically I'd say that anyone using Cinema on a full-time professional basis probably has the full set of modules anyway."

Check out my profile. And apart from AR I've only used TP once!

Cheers
Karl

#24 Horganovski

Horganovski

• Moderators
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

Well I did say probably.. [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

I'm always surprised by the amount of people here that have the 'full set', and sometimes some of them don't seem to know what each module does.. call me suspicious but I think some are running pirate copies, either that or they have lots of money to throw around :)

Cheers,
Brian

#25 StCanas

StCanas

This is not me...

• 4,399 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

"... call me suspicious but I think some are running pirate copies, either that or they have lots of money to throw around"

Yeah, I'm with you on that. On the other hand, some times I think it can be counter intuitive. If you do it for a living you can be quite calculated about it and what you have is dictated by what's going to earn you money - kind of a 'no fat' approach. But if you just do it for fun maybe you just want all the toys. And nothing wrong with that. I do wonder, though, when I see some people's profiles!

Cheers
Karl

#26 Anthony Owen

Anthony Owen

Oldest Member

• 3,293 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Prime

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

Well, I bought the Studio 9.5 and upgraded to 10.5 but since I am "project" oriented, the only tools I have used are ones necessary to complete the "project" I started with about three years (and other software) ago. For me, being a noobie with the dough, I went with Studio to be as certain as I could that I would have all the necessary tools to complete my project (which is nearing at last!). My next project (they stretch out over a ten or so year period) will require far more modeling and texturing (and Hair) than my current one. I have not tested C4D 10.5 to it's maximum but I have passed the point where I must upgrade my machine.
Win 7, 8 core PC with 12 Gb RAM 64 Bit

#27 Horganovski

Horganovski

• Moderators
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Wow, that must be some project to take 10 years.

For my interests which is mainly character animation I do ok with Core +Mocca and MoGraph, I would like to have AR and Hair too though, I do plan to add those eventually. I have some cool plugins like Stormtracer, Fast&fur and Silverbullet and of course all of Cactus Dans tools that help fill in some of the gaps/add extra features though.

My attitude is that the software should at least partly pay its own way, I did an animation job recently that allowed me to buy parts to build a new PC, so I guess it's helping pay for the hardware too [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Brian

#28 Anthony Owen

Anthony Owen

Oldest Member

• 3,293 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Prime

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

Yo, Brian! 3 years! Long enough I admit. [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Win 7, 8 core PC with 12 Gb RAM 64 Bit

#29 MJV

MJV
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

The shadow problem has nothing to do with GI. It happens when GI is turned off. I've already submitted the problem to MAXON.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users