About TRUEBONES BVH to Cinema 4D R12 Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_growthweb_*

Guest_growthweb_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

Several years ago I bought the megabones bvh pack from truebones. I sure wish that there was an easier way to use imported BVH files with characters created in C4D. I was wondering, will Release 12 make anything easier working with BVH files? Does anybody have any info about tutorials or info that explain importing BVH animations on to Characters in Cinema 4D. Daz Studio has its ANIMATE PLUS plugin that makes it easy. Motionbuilder has its functions that make it easy. I just wish it was easy in C4D R12 or is it? Thanks much for any info. :)

#2 OD1

OD1

Master O D 1

• 7,625 posts
  • C4D Version:12 (or older)

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

you said it.. C4D needs to step up things in this area.. but still you can setup a auto trans rig to trans animations data to your rig from a BvH file.. but you would prob need to set up 4 rigs.. a X rig,Y rig,Z rig, also -Z,-X,-y rigs.. for when the bvh file heads in other directions..
it can be done.. would just take some work.. that way you could use any BvH file.. I made A rig like this before.. work great..

#3 Guest_growthweb_*

Guest_growthweb_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

still STRUGGLING with this ... sure wish to get BVH motion files on to characters in Cinema 4d R12. I have searched all over the web. Just not many tutorials at all. As I mentioned before Daz Studio has its ANIMATE for easy animation. Maya has MOTIONBUILDER that can be used. 3DS Max has its super easy animations. Anymore info on anybody importing and using BVH motions would be awesome. Iam figuring with Cinema 4d awesome animation layers that would really come in handy working with BVH motions. THanks

#4 Lonestarrang

Lonestarrang
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

i am asking the same question. i would think as expensive as C4D was to buy that this would have been a snap. i also have PoserPro 2010 and it has a plug in for C4D. You can easily apply BVH and bring into Poser. But you have to be careful. PoserPro 2010 uses new bone structure from previous versions. So if the BVH was not made for this new structure it will not work. I still have my old Poser 7 and can use it for older BVH files. But am disappointed that it is not easier in an expensive program like C4D and like you am searching the web to find out if there is an easier way. i really want to figure this out because i plan to buy "Motion Capture for the Masses" and right now it only supports BVH.

#5 Guest_katman_*

Guest_katman_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi

Found this info earlier tonight and wondered if it might help?

As of now, the tag plugin XReTarget, used to transfer animations or poses from one character to another, can be downloaded for free.

http://www.c4dplugin.de/indexx.php

In the download section under examples are:

XReTarget Example Scenes
2 examples for a transmission from a biovision animation to a MOCCA setup

Haven't had time to try it myself.
Iain

#6 OD1

OD1

Master O D 1

• 7,625 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

I think that works good.. I just make my own trans rig.. works the best..

#7 verydiscreet

verydiscreet
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm in a kinda similar situation :(

How do I map a BVH on to a FBX model in Cinema 4D? Even a rag doll will :)

Let me explain - Like in 3dsMax, I can take a human 3D model and "attach" a BIP to it and animate away to glory. I want to be able to do the same in C4D.

I could do the project in 3dsMax itself, but unfortunately my BVH is un-recognized in 3dsMax and I have no idea what's wrong. I've looked for BVH to BIP converters. There is a major loss of data which makes a file unsuitable to use.

Haven't found a look up resource/tutorial to do the same. Does anyone know how to do it? I'm sure people have done it, just that it eludes me.

Can someone point in the right direction? Would really appreciate all the help.

Thanks in advance,
V

#8 Horganovski

Horganovski

Toon in:Power on:Ease out

• Moderators
  • 9,912 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

^Unfortunately FBX in Cinema can be a dead end as the animation exporter is very buggy. Better to search for a BVH importer for Max if such a thing exists and load the file directly. I know there's one for Maya someone posted on Creative Crash.

Regarding retargeting animation from one skeleton to another, there are several ways to do it in Cinema - xpresso, constraints, the Retarget tag and Pose Mix (or Pose Morph in R12) tags will all work, it ultimately depends on what you need.

Cheers,
Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users