5 replies to this topic

#1 sjcrompo

sjcrompo

Cafe Master Blaster

• Moderators
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hi

I need to model an egg box. The sort that would have a lid and contain 6 eggs. How would you guys go about this. Which method do you think would give the best results. I've tried a couple of ways and got tripped up. It needs to be fairly detailed as in you will be able to see inside it without it containg eggs.

Just curious

Thanks

Steve
Interactive DVD now available from www.dvdlearningmagic.co.uk

#2 nexusbird

nexusbird
  • 148 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

That would be quite complicated, if your a beginner modeler i wouldnt advice doing this yet. Anyways, i suppose you would start off with a box, you would divide it up correctly and extrue the parts up that need to be pointed up, bevel them etc, then extrude the egg holders down. The egg holding holes are actually a diomand shape so this will be a little easier.

tbh this is quite a hard one to figure out, do you have any progress at all, perhaps if we can see what you have done so far we can aid you better.

http://www.earthtoearthpack.com/products/paper_pulp/egg-box-15.jpg

#3 StCanas

StCanas

This is not me...

• 4,469 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

Maybe something like this. It's very rough as I did it quickly but you'll be able to see how it goes. Start with a disc with 12 rotation segments. Make editable. Select the outer edge and extrude and move points to make the outside a square. Pull centre polys down. Carry on in this fashion until you have a single egg holder. Duplicate. Move. Join up. Add thickness.

Cheers
Karl

Edited by StCanas, 28 September 2010 - 05:06 AM.

#4 HSrdelic

HSrdelic

MAXON computer GmbH / The Vertex Pusher

• Admin
  • 9,030 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

This is not difficult at all, you can go with displacement if you need quick results or simply box model it :)

Lucky for you I modeled it some time before for a chicken farm gig, check if it fits your need :P
Attached File  Egg_Box.zip   220.92KB   232 downloads

Cheers

vertex-pusher.com - Professional CINEMA 4D Training videos and plugins

#5 sjcrompo

sjcrompo

Cafe Master Blaster

• Moderators
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thank you both so much for your files. [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/sc018.gif[/img]

They certainly will help me out.

I will try to do my own version based on what you have both sent me, I need the practice. :)

Cheers

Steve

#6 sjcrompo

sjcrompo

Cafe Master Blaster

• Moderators
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Well I said I was going to try my to do it my self with a little help from your suggestions, and this is what I came up with. It started off as an 8 sided disc.

Thanks again

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• EGG WIRE.JPG
  • EGG BOX.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users