#1 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

Cafe Founder

• Admin
  • 41,656 posts
  • C4D Version:16 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image

This is an announcement on behalf of Nitroman. I've been using this plugin for several weeks and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's probably the best Cinema 4D plugin that I have ever used. The results are nothing short of amazing. Get this, the plugin is easy to use. Some of the effects that I have wanted to do with Thinking Particles but couldn't figure out, I can now do in minutes. The "Bomb" object is super cool to play with to do bomb effects especially with multiple bombs. Extruded Text Spline objects can be blown apart with ease and without making anything editable.

The plugin will be available to purchase here at around 30 - 40 Euros in the couple of days time. Nitroman has put together some very good tutorial videos. He is just updating his site with everything so please be patient.

Release 12 Studio edition required as the plugin uses Dynamics.

3DKiwi

Click on the video to watch at a higher resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYQP47wCs8

NITROBLAST

NITROBLAST

A new fracturing plugin from the creator of Thrausi and Catastrophe. Allowing completely automatic, collision driven fracturing, Nitroblast is written from the ground up to be faster, bigger, more powerful and better from all angles than the previous fracturing plugins.
Even though it's numerous, powerful features, it was designed with simple, easy to use interface in mind. Features include:

Autobreak: Completely automatic impact based fracturing: You don't have to do anything, just run a dynamics simulation or even a custom animation with 2 objects colliding, and the auto-break will do the rest. It will break the objects based on their impact point. It supports:
- Multibreak for multiple colliders on an object,
- Deepbreak (as described below)
- Cracks: Generate parametric Cracks for the part of the object that stays behind

Deep Break: Used for incremental breaking of an object. For example you when want to break an object into pieces, and then these pieces to break again themselves when they collide with another object. You can easily set up the breaking levels as well as which objects will initiate them, with Deep Break.

Voronoi break quality: Low, Medium, High and Extreme. Low is for fastest, Extreme is for the highest quality final result, that fully preserves the original shape of the most complex objects.

Vertex map based fracturing: You can use vertex map to control the density of the fractures, as well as intuitively control with a fall-off of which pieces are static and which are dynamic.

Thickness: You can set the fractured object to be hollow inside, with a controlled parameter.

Bake Normals: Bakes the normals for removing any artifacts from the object's surface, that were visible after the fracturing.

Bake Object : 1-click bake of any object that has a dynamic tag (including Nitroblast objects) into keyframes and export in a format that can transfer your work to other programs .

Transparency: For transparent objects, you can hide the fractured pieces inside before the impact.

Style presets: Already including preset settings for stone, artifact free glass and lava, you can also easily create your own presets.

Dust: Automatically generated dust. It is Thinking Particles based, so it can be edited or used in conjunction with other Thinking Particles for further control.

Materials: You can apply inside and outside materials. By using a subpolygon displacement material for the inside surfaces, more realistic cuts can easily be created, that are not flat.

Easily set which pieces are static and which are dynamic.

Special Nitroblast objects are used to provide elaborate and intuitive control over the fractured objects. Furthermore, parametric objects (such as nurbs objects) are preserved, so they can be changed and fractured again.

Additional tools:
Nitroblast Splinebreak: Break and extrude any spline into fully parametrical individual segments. Animatable parameters include: Mode (segment size or count), Offset, Depth, Gap and others.

Nitroblast Bomb: Can be used to automatically fracture, and explode an object on an impact point. Bomb can also be used to effortlessly explode already shattered objects.

Nitroblast Cut: Break an object based on other objects. This way you can define the shape and weighting of the fractures, the fall-off, the limits, or even break the object with pieces that are based on the shape of polygons or splines.

www.3dkiwi.co.nz - My personal site    My Cinema 4D Vimeo channel

#2 StCanas

StCanas

This is not me...

• Supporter's Club Silver
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

Congratulations, this looks absolutely brilliant. I think this is what they call a 'no brainer'.

Cheers
Karl

#3 PixelPit

PixelPit
  • 844 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

Makes me want to upgrade to R12...
Congrats Nitroman - it looks brilliant and I wouldn´t hesitate a minute to buy it, if I had R12 Studio.

#4 randyarchy

randyarchy

Vilse

• 859 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:57 AM

That looks nice.
/randy
just leave it there.

#5 HSrdelic

HSrdelic

MAXON computer GmbH / The Vertex Pusher

• Admin
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

Fantastic!!

I am getting this one as soon it comes out :thisrocks:

Cheers

vertex-pusher.com - Professional CINEMA 4D Training videos and plugins

#6 toulouse

toulouse
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

This is NitroMan's masterpiece. Having been a part of the testing, I can say it is the "Swiss Knife" of plug-ins. It is very easy to use and it has great flexibility in combining effects.You'll be "playing" with this rather addictive plug-in for weeks. The glass shattering is pure genius, with the splintered impact point, to the spreading cracks...just amazing. I have done a few videos of this in action, as has NitroMan...and they will be available on his site and here.I'll put mine up as soon as I get the go-ahead.I wouldn't even imagine what this would cost in the hands of a big company, but 30-40 Euros is a HUGE BARGAIN. There are a number of material presets...and you can easily "roll your own" and add them to the preset list. I don't want to steal NitroMan's thunder, so I'll shut up now and not give too many details...but I am an enthusiastic fan. :thisrocks:

#7 morpheus

morpheus

C4D GOD....'s illiterate cousin!

• 6,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

I saw this, and called MAXON and ordered my R12 upgrade.
There's just too much for R12 now that I can't do without. Should arrive tomorrow.
WOOT!
Can't wait to start breaking stuff up, the plugin looks AMAZING!!

Morph

EDIT: Where'd my avatar go?

Edited by morpheus, 21 June 2011 - 04:54 AM.

#8 PixelPit

PixelPit
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

Out looking for the RUM?! Maybe...

Edited by PixelPit, 21 June 2011 - 05:07 AM.

#9 morpheus

morpheus

• 6,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

Haha. That's probably it!

#10 drb1981

drb1981
  • 1,192 posts
  • C4D Version:16 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

It looks amazing! I'm loving the crack generator !! :thisrocks:

#11 HSrdelic

HSrdelic

MAXON computer GmbH / The Vertex Pusher

• Admin
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

He had to take a break once he saw the upgrade price :thisrocks:

Cheers

vertex-pusher.com - Professional CINEMA 4D Training videos and plugins

#12 morpheus

morpheus

• 6,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

Wallet is now empty.
Avatar is back! Changes all round.
Love the look of the deepbreak option in Nitroblast!

Morph

#13 drahkmar

drahkmar
  • 63 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Visualize

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

wow

#14 3D-Pangel

3D-Pangel

Custodian of the (now defunct) 3D World Database

• Supporter's Club Silver
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

Maybe it is just me, but this feels more like Catastrophe V2 than a whole new plugin. Given that Nitro4D has always been a source of tremendous value to the C4D community, my hope is that there will be some path for current Catastrophe owners to upgrade to Nitroblast at a discounted rate. Otherwise, paying over 2 times as much for Nitroblast over Catastrophe (e.g. 30 to 40 euros vs. 15 for Catastrophe) for what is essentially an upgrade is going to require some soul searching on my part as to whether I purchase this plugin.

Maybe it is too early to raise this flag, but best to raise it now before the official pricing get's announced.

Thanks,
3D-Pangel

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

#15 PixelPit

PixelPit
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Maybe it is just me, but this feels more like Catastrophe V2 than a whole new plugin. Given that Nitro4D has always been a source of tremendous value to the C4D community, my hope is that there will be some path for current Catastrophe owners to upgrade to Nitroblast at a discounted rate. Otherwise, paying over 2 times as much for Nitroblast over Catastrophe (e.g. 30 to 40 euros vs. 15 for Catastrophe) for what is essentially an upgrade is going to require some soul searching on my part as to whether I purchase this plugin.

Maybe it is too early to raise this flag, but best to raise it now before the official pricing get's announced.

Thanks,
3D-Pangel

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe. And the money will support Nitroman to carry on doing his magic.

But I think you have a thing with getting your software as cheap as possible, if I remember correctly from previous posts :thisrocks: I´m with you all the way on that with Adobe, Autodesk or ,as of late, MAXON, but plugin developers like Nitroman deserve the asking price. Again IMO.

#16 OD1

OD1

Master O D 1

• 7,625 posts
  • C4D Version:12 (or older)

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

This guy is on fire... making some really cool plugins for C4D.. MAXON grab him fast and hirer him..

#17 Novaricus

Novaricus
  • 246 posts
  • C4D Version:12 (or older)

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

This looks amazing, absolutely worth buying.

imo Nitroblast combines all the previous endeavors of catastrophe and its predecessors.

I have to agree with 3D-Pangel though, I would like to see some kind of discount for this "upgraded version" of Catastrophe. I'm sure a lot of work has gone into it, but some gesture towards existing customers would be nice. (as this plugin makes Catastrophe obsolete)

Great job,
Cheers

Edited by Novaricus, 21 June 2011 - 07:31 AM.

#18 dondo

dondo
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Can we get some short demo videos that aren't 20 minutes long?

#19 Joshfilms

Joshfilms

VFXdaily

• 2,514 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Wow, this looks brillant! Great work again, Nitro!!! Buying as soon as it's available.

Cheers,
Josh

-VFX and Motion GFX Artist - http://www.vfxdaily.com/

#20 mmVRay

mmVRay
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Nitroman. You really have a lot packed into this one.
Cheers, mmVRay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users