Forums, gallery and free tutorials for Cinema 4D. Registration is fast and free. Please ensure you read our rules before joining.

Photo

Announcing Nitroblast Plugin By Nitroman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#21 3D-Pangel

3D-Pangel

Custodian of the (now defunct) 3D World Database

• Supporter's Club Silver
  • 1,320 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe. And the money will support Nitroman to carry on doing his magic.

But I think you have a thing with getting your software as cheap as possible, if I remember correctly from previous posts :thisrocks: I´m with you all the way on that with Adobe, Autodesk or ,as of late, MAXON, but plugin developers like Nitroman deserve the asking price. Again IMO.

I agree with you...Nitro4D needs our support...but then again, he also needs to understand that people who have supported him in the past also need to be taken care of - that is how you make your current users loyal and open the door to future loyal customers. People who have never purchased from Catastrophe in the past may wonder if they should purchase Nitroblast now. After all, in 6 months NitroNuke (or whatever the next version is called) could be released - so some may be inclined to wait for that next version to be released if they know there is no upgrade path from Nitroblast. But if they knew that buying Nitroblast now helps get them a discount on the next follow-on products or versions, that concern is removed and Nitroman gets a sale today. Everybody wins. This is just good business.

Also, times are tough! Why shouldn't I always look for a discount? Usually, if you ask with respect and make a very good argument to support your request, people listen and you get the discount. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Try it sometime - you may surprise yourself.

3D-Pangel
Outside of a dog, C4D is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it is too dark to see the keyboard.

#22 SimonTheSorcerer

SimonTheSorcerer

Pondering what you're pondering

• 127 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

IMO 40 € is a bargain, even if it builds upon Catastrophe.

It doesn't build upon Catastrophe though. It does use some ideas that he tried to implement in Catastrophe, but he came a long way since then and it had to be written completely from scratch in order to implement those ideas properly. And it shows, this is a very professional plugin. That's why it's not called Catastrophe 2, to avoid such mix-ups.

As for remembering his supporters and loyal customers, he remembers alright. Let's not reach to conclusions before even announcing a pricing plan yet. :thisrocks:

Edited by SimonTheSorcerer, 21 June 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#23 baramdo

baramdo
  • Supporter's Club Bronze
  • 1,778 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

I'm going to have to go with 3-D Pangel on this one. Nitroman is making great plugins. But, his (Nitro's) attitude towards these plugins need to step up to a more professional level. "Catastrophe is no commercial grade software. Instead it’s my spare time killer and I develop Catastrophe for the fun of myself and all users that like it. As I cannot base my living on the earnings from this project I have to put the majority of my work power into a regular job." It is time for him to get rid of this quote as a disclaimer. For those of us who have paid for his plugins in the past and would like him to continue development this continued attitude is unproffesional. These plugins are a part time job for him. I have no problem with that. But, it is time to man up and make this a real business. Everyone who "donates" needs to be added to a list for that plugin and should get updates or update paths at reduced or free prices. We need to be treated like real customers now. It has been several years already that he is developing these plugins.

And to those who say Nitroblast is new, no way. Look at the development chain. X-breaker, Thrausi, Catastrophe, Nitroblast. Each has built on the concept of the plugin before it. These are most certainly related. Anyway I look forward to its release. But if the price is 40 Euro I want customer support and everything that goes with a real transaction.

#24 toulouse

toulouse
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Can we get some short demo videos that aren't 20 minutes long?

I have some short demos....but I'm still waiting for permission.

#25 PixelPit

PixelPit
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I agree with you...Nitro4D needs our support...but then again, he also needs to understand that people who have supported him in the past also need to be taken care of - that is how you make your current users loyal and open the door to future loyal customers. People who have never purchased from Catastrophe in the past may wonder if they should purchase Nitroblast now. After all, in 6 months NitroNuke (or whatever the next version is called) could be released - so some may be inclined to wait for that next version to be released if they know there is no upgrade path from Nitroblast. But if they knew that buying Nitroblast now helps get them a discount on the next follow-on products or versions, that concern is removed and Nitroman gets a sale today. Everybody wins. This is just good business.

Also, times are tough! Why shouldn't I always look for a discount? Usually, if you ask with respect and make a very good argument to support your request, people listen and you get the discount. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Try it sometime - you may surprise yourself.

3D-Pangel

We are not in disagreement about discounts - at all. :thisrocks: As I wrote: I´m with you all the way on that. Sorry if it somehow came across as an ad hominem attack - it wasn´t my intention.
You bring some good arguments to the table - I understand your reasoning perfectly now, so thanks for clearing it up/elaborating.

#26 3DKiwi

3DKiwi

Cafe Founder

• Admin
  • 39,980 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Re examples. I'll see what I can put together when I'm back home. I have a whole heap of example scenes. Easier to render at home on my Desktop computer than on my Laptop from a motel where I am at the moment.

3DKiwi

www.3dkiwi.co.nz - My personal site    Follow me on Strava

#27 James Leaburn

James Leaburn

Yeh cannae shuv yer granny aff the bus.

• Moderators
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I'm sold. Now I'll buy. Bloomin nice plugin. :signthankspin:
If in doubt, scream and shout.

#28 Vilandra

Vilandra

Lead 3D Modeler for the UpThink Lab

• 3,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

Very nice... but im still using R11.5

#29 TheJimReaper

TheJimReaper
  • 1,997 posts

User's Awards

10 4 2

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

WOW :signthankspin: This looks amazing, this is definately going on the must have list.

Fantastic work Nitroman.

Jim
Check out my Website HERE or scan my avatar with your smartphone to check it out on your mobile device.

#30 mmVRay

mmVRay
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Some of the other vendors charge top dollar for their plugins. They spend a lot of time trying to figure out what is the maximum they can possibly charge before people balk and walk away. Once they calculate that amount they roll the price back two or three dollars and that is what you pay. They might charge $100, $150 or more dollars just because they can get away with it. What ever the price ends up being, many times it leaves you feeling like you paid twice the price it was worth. Nitroman on the other hand gives you more than what you paid for which leaves me feeling like I got a bargin when you consider he has no real compition.

Edited by mmVRay, 21 June 2011 - 01:14 PM.

Cheers, mmVRay

#31 Horganovski

Horganovski

Toon in:Power on:Ease out

• Moderators
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

The plugin looks awesome, congratulations to Nitroman, I look forward to buying this when it becomes available.

I have to say, complaining about the price of a 40 Euro plugin for a program that costs in excess of 3000 Euros seems a little mean to me. I think Nitroman should be applauded for his low price here as I'm sure he could sell quite a few copies for double that.

Cheers,
Brian

#32 ChristianZ

ChristianZ
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Years ago I paid 1500$ for Blastcode for Maya6 to have some decent fracture functions. At that time, on the cinema4d side there was maybe only remotions plugin for fast dynamics available. It is nice, that we can enjoy all these
physic simulation software for a better price today.

#33 Joshfilms

Joshfilms

VFXdaily

• 2,514 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

I have to say, complaining about the price of a 40 Euro plugin for a program that costs in excess of 3000 Euros seems a little mean to me. I think Nitroman should be applauded for his low price here as I'm sure he could sell quite a few copies for double that.

Totally agree. C4D users don't have the amount of plug-ins devs MAX, Maya or even XSI has so I can't see how anyone would do anything but support someone like Nitroman and his fair priced plug-in!

Cheers,
Josh

-VFX and Motion GFX Artist - http://www.vfxdaily.com/

#34 HSrdelic

HSrdelic

MAXON computer GmbH / The Vertex Pusher

• Admin
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

@Nigel

Can you grab some time of schedule and do few examples? :signthankspin:

Cheers

vertex-pusher.com - Professional CINEMA 4D Training videos and plugins

#35 baramdo

baramdo
  • Supporter's Club Bronze
  • 1,778 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

To be clear, I have yet to complain about the price. I only paid for Thrausi, I donated twice to be exact. I haven't gotten Catastrophe, and now won't due to the new plugin. I just want Nitroman to accept that he has become a plugin developer and make a real business of it. I understand that it may feel like part time fun to him. But, to those that enjoy the use of the plugin and have "donated" for his plugins it would be nice for the arrangement to be a bit more businesslike. If you paid for Thrausi and Catastrophe you've spent 25 Euro. 40 more Euro is 65 for the logical plugin chain. If he decides to develop another plugin that does fracturing and tp and emitters and has 15 presets that costs 50 euro where do we as his fans and loyal plugin buyers decide to feel that we are being taken for a ride. To be fair to him he has made some awesome plugins and given away plugins that I would never give away as a business operator. It is just time to stop operating from the alley and get a proper main street location.

Edited by baramdo, 21 June 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#36 Joshfilms

Joshfilms

VFXdaily

• 2,514 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Certainly a valid point, baramdo.

Cheers,
Josh

-VFX and Motion GFX Artist - http://www.vfxdaily.com/

#37 toulouse

toulouse
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Here you go....this is the first on YouTube. I'll be adding more. Notice how the impact shocks spread throughout the glass...I love this plug-in.

Edited by toulouse, 21 June 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#38 Longone

Longone
  • 326 posts
  • C4D Version:11.5 (or older)

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

Very nice... but im still using R11.5

Me too. (insert all bad words known to men here) :signthankspin:

But i got a new tv instead of upgrading....

#39 PixelPit

PixelPit
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

Me too. (insert all bad words known to men here) :signthankspin:

But i got a new tv instead of upgrading....

It´s great when the priorities are straightend out... Your wife? [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/bigsmile.png[/img] Just kidding!

#40 morpheus

morpheus

C4D GOD....'s illiterate cousin!

• 6,194 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Woot.
Check out the new C4D Version in the profile... [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/thisrocks.gif[/img]
Nitroblast will be bought sooooooooooooooooooooon to go with it!

Morph

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)