Hi everyone. Following on from a very successful Sky Tower Challenge we want to do one of our old favourites, an Abstract Challenge. We've done this before but one area where Cinema 4D excels in is creating abstract images. The use of imported texture maps isn't really acceptable for this challenge so should only be used sparingly or not at all. Materials should all be done in C4D but you are welcome to use any Content Browser Presets.
The top 3 images will receive a Challenge award ribbon and also have their images featured in the Gallery.
Now the rules:
Judges for this challenge: Cafe Staff.
1. Deadline: Midnight Pacific Standard (North America), Friday, July 29 2011.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like to do the lighting, modelling and texturing.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes. You can use imported light setups if you want e.g. the lighting setup from the Cafe's download section (which is used in the image above). Sketch & Toons renders are fine.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. PhotoShop post work is not permitted. It has to be modelled and rendered in C4D or using a C4D renderer like Vray etc.
8. At least one WIP image in wireframe and a solid render are required as a reply to this thread. The wireframe render should be done as a Cel render. Check out our cel rendering tutorial here if you don't know how to do one. Please keep the Cel renders as Black lines on White background.
9. We want 1 only textured rendered image and one plain white render cel render. In the Cel rendered image, HyperNurbs objects must be disabled. We want to see the polygon construction.
10. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here.
11. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
12. Maximum image size is 1280x1024 and 400kb. Submit only jpeg images.
Good luck and have fun.