Forums, gallery and free tutorials for Cinema 4D. Registration is fast and free. Please ensure you read our rules before joining.

Photo

Challenge - Mad Scientist Experiment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#41 Karen

Karen
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

kinda embarrassing to upload, and the texture isn't very nice either, (2d and not a procedural thingie you can reuse Im afraid),
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/files/file/908-brain/

#42 SuperVee

SuperVee
  • 287 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

@ Karen, my sci-guy is building a cat robot (I guess the house cat has gone missing?) I haven't yet posed him or posemorphed his face but hope to soon but taking a few nights off C4D to mess around (try to learn something) in Zbrush and work has been gruelling for the past 2 days.

@Cerbera - I would like to see those crazed warped types too but my modeling skills ain't up to snuff for it either. Also, it says mad scientist experiment. At least, thats the way I interpreted it. If cutting up the house cat to make a robot isn't mad, I don't know what is :)

@Jim - All I can say is .. well, just glad I'm not lying on that bed! He looks mad, indeed.

Edited by SuperVee, 28 September 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#43 kingcoma

kingcoma
  • 529 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Think I might join this challenge.. Made a bunch of quick sketches, cool theme for a challenge!

Harrison 3d: awesome rabbit! =D

#44 designbytes

designbytes
  • 183 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

here is my start...not sure I can finish what I have in mind....but gathering supplies! ;-)

thx for the contest

madrender1.jpg madcel1.jpg

#45 nibuki

nibuki
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hey all,

I'm new to C4D Cafe and didn't post anything yet. I hope I'll still be allowed to take part in this challange though. I most often have a lack of ideas what to model, so a challange seemed to be just the right thing. I also hope that I make everything right. Here are two first WIPs, one Cel, one solid (?). This WIP is an early stage, so there is still a lot to do and you probably don't see where I'm going with this yet ;-) ...

cya

Attached Thumbnails

• gummibaer01-cel.jpg
  • gummibaer01-solid.jpg

#46 TheJimReaper

TheJimReaper
  • 1,998 posts

User's Awards

10 4 2

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

Here's an update on mine. The desk and bookshelf are going to be moved around a bit to accommodate other props that haven't been modelled yet, and there are loads of other bits to be added yet. It's getting there slowly and I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Some nice work coming through from you guys, those beakers look pretty realistic designbytes. And i reckon nibuki is going for a half teddybear and half someother creature creation? Looks goos whatever it is going to be.

Jim
Check out my Website HERE or scan my avatar with your smartphone to check it out on your mobile device.

#47 nibuki

nibuki
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

aktually reaper, you are "half-right" ;-) ... this is the first time ever that I tried myself on something like "organic modeling" - therefore I am happy to make this little bear and I doubt, my skills would be good enough to combine two animals :-P ... well, on the other hand, this bear will be cut into pieces later ... :-D

so, here is another wip - I'm finally quite happy with my bear (although you guys would have made it a lot better - but remember: its my first try ever!). Now I'm going to model the scene...

Attached Thumbnails

• gumminbaer02.jpg

#48 rui

rui
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hi guys [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] , I don't know if i can finish this, but there is my first wip

Cheers

Rui

Attached Thumbnails

• frog004.jpg
  • frog004cel.jpg

Edited by rui, 01 October 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#49 SuperVee

SuperVee
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Love that doorway Jim. Its coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the end result. I like the little bear Nibuki, and the test tubes/flasks designbytes. And that mad scientist on the previous page, he's good. And what's that Rui, a frog prince? Can't wait to see where that's going. Some really good ideas.

I've been slacking off, playing around in Zbrush and but oh boy this release is buggy for me. I had hopes for something better with that.

#50 nibuki

nibuki
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Rui, you really made me curious where you are going with that frog... looks great - but more like for a fairy tale challange ;-) ... so, thats going to be interesting! :-)

One question: am I allowed to make my own textures in Photoshop or do I have to use only what C4D provides to make textures?

Cya

#51 TheMiniReaper

TheMiniReaper
  • 90 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Studio

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

hello

wow great challenge here is what i have so far.

[img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/sc018.gif[/img] Lewis Field [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/sc018.gif[/img]

Attached Thumbnails

• room 1.jpg
  • room 2.jpg

#52 Karen

Karen
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

Jim's lab looks a lot like my own, very cool, heheh,, and nice froggie, I wonder what kind of experiment that is.... hey, watch those lips! :D

I have to admit I gave up on the whole modeling job of doing the professor from scratch, I just imported a Poser obj and edited that,
character modeling in Cinema was too hard:( ,, even in Zbrush they will end up looking like teletubby blobs:)

now, in 3d coat, it's a whole other matter,, for everyone who like Zbrush ,but thinks it's a little backwards and unintutive (and messy in regards to navigation and ui), or Mudbox being somewhat limited in poly editing, I really recommend downloading the demo of 3d coat. It's super easy to get into, very organized and clean (the viewport navigation and shortcuts, brush adjustment and most everything is polished to perfection), and I've never seen anything like the retopology tools or the auto retopology (that will create a perfect low poly model in 1-2 minutes,, no kidding:)
exporting to Cinema works really well too, plus the price is less than half of the other big sculpting apps,,

http://3d-coat.com/gallery/images-gallery/

Edited by Karen, 02 October 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#53 rui

rui
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

Thanks guys [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img], this experience really go wrong and there is more frogs and mouses eheh, ("favorite scientist animals") i also start to model a rat but need much more work... I need to work on studio today to manage renders, I'll try to update the rat modeler on my laptop wen I´m waiting.
Its aloud to use real flow or similar?

Cheers

Rui

Attached Thumbnails

• frog001.jpg
  • mouse render 001.jpg

#54 ahven

ahven

3D Artist & Animator

• 949 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

I wish to take part in this but man
I am a full time 3d artist already.
Creative challenge.

#55 TheJimReaper

TheJimReaper
  • 1,998 posts

User's Awards

10 4 2

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Small update, almost ready to texture.

Jim
Check out my Website HERE or scan my avatar with your smartphone to check it out on your mobile device.

#56 rui

rui
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

I start a new lab rat model ... Some updates

Rui

Attached Thumbnails

• cabeça do rato.jpg
  • cabeça do rato1.jpg

#57 nibuki

nibuki
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Rui - that rat-head looks great! WOW! I wished I were able to model as good as you... :-/

Karen - I have to thank you for mentioning 3d-coat! I downloaded the test-version but it was not that easy to understand (yeah, as if someone could learn such a program in a minute :-P). But then I found and downloaded sculptris (seems to be some free version of zbrush but less capable) and played around with it for half an hour. Then I thought to try and model my jelly-bear in sculptris - and guess what: what took me hours in c4d I did in 5(!) minutes with sculptris... now, what do I make of this?

good night to you all, its 4:30 in the morning here in Germany and I am really glad tomorrow (today :-P) is the day of german unity so no need to get up too early ;-)

Attached Thumbnails

• gummibaer-sculptris.jpg

Edited by nibuki, 02 October 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#58 eldooder

eldooder
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

wow these are looking great!

Jim - yours is coming together. Looks very cool. Something about the professors nose made me actually spit my coffee out. I wont go into detail....[img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see what KingComa comes up with....

#59 astovl

astovl
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

The mad scientist made from [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/mf_bookread.gif[/img]

Jim - model the opposite to [img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/bigsmile.png[/img]

Cheers

#60 TheJimReaper

TheJimReaper
  • 1,998 posts

User's Awards

10 4 2

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

Jim - yours is coming together. Looks very cool. Something about the professors nose made me actually spit my coffee out. I wont go into detail....[img]http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

The wife and I had a good laugh over his nose too, you should have seen it during the modelling process!!!

Jim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users