Hi everyone. Something a bit different this challenge. Attached at the bottom is scene file in R13 format (opens in R12) and for those running older versions an obj file of a Beer can modelled by me. What we want you to do is texture it with your own design. We're not really interested in a fancy scene and judging will be mostly on the can texturing (or cans if you want to have more than one).
You are welcome to modify the can if you want e.g. crush it. Note for those opening the obj file that I used some edge weighting on a few edge loops to make some of the edges a bit tighter. The obj file does not include the edge weighting so feel free to weight edges or add in some extra edge loops.
As mentioned judging is mainly on the can only but you can add a few extra things in to finish the scene off if you wish. Texture maps can be created in any external application that you like. We do not want or need wireframe images as we're not judging modelling.
The top 3 images will receive a Challenge award ribbon and also have their images featured in the Gallery.Now the rules:
Judges for this challenge: Cafe Staff.1. Deadline: Midnight Pacific Standard (North America), Friday, October 28 2011.
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like to do the lighting, modelling and texturing.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes. You can use imported light setups if you want e.g. the lighting setup from the Cafe's download section (which is used in the image above). Sketch & Toons renders are fine.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. PhotoShop post work is not permitted. It has to be modelled and rendered in C4D or using a C4D renderer like Vray etc. But you can use imported texture maps, bump maps or displacement maps created in a 2D paint program or vector drawing program. Re Displacement Maps. You can create a displacement map in Photoshop for example but creating one in a 3D(ish) type program is not acceptable. This is a C4D texturing challenge not C4D and Z-Brush or whatever else you can do sculpting in.
8. At least one WIP solid render are required as a reply to this thread.
9. Up to 2 images may be submitted for your final entry
. We want a maximum of 2 textured renders. For this Challenge only we do not want or need Wireframe / Cel renders.
10. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here.
11. You cannot
use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
12. Maximum image size is 1280x1024 and 400kb. Submit only jpeg images.
13. Compositing objects into photographs / background images is permitted in this challenge.
14. All props i.e. models must be modelled by you.
15. The label on the can must not be a copy of an actual beer or any other drink label. We expect original work not to see how well you can copy someone else's work. This also saves any argument over whether someone made the artwork or just downloaded it.
Good luck and have fun.
Edited by 3DKiwi, 23 October 2011 - 11:27 AM.