The Rebellion Sword

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dizzydeez_*

Guest_dizzydeez_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hi everyone
i'm not new to cinema 4d, i've been using it to make intro and bumper, mostly involved with text.
But recently i played (again) a game Devil May Cry 4, and i just want to model the dante's sword
it's called The Rebellion.

I've manage to model the grip and the sharp body (i dunno what it called lol), but i got lost in the detail
so here i'm asking for help.

as you can see here in my attachment, my question is marked by alphabet B, C, and D

1. how to add the sharpness detail (B)
2. How to model that crown thing on the edge grip? ©
3. This is the hardest one, the skull, is there any tutorial to modell a skull?

lastly if there's any tutorial in this forum related to my question please tell me the keyword.

How.png

Thank you, and sorry if there's any miss spelling or sentence
English is not my native language

#2 cerbera

cerbera

Intergalactic Quad Police

• 1,138 posts
  • C4D Version:16 Studio

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Will defer on Q's 1 & 3, but 2, you could create a tube primitive with the right amount of segments for the crown, make editable, turn off preserve groups, and matrix extrude out so the new polys bend outwards, and scale down at the same time... that should get you close

CBR

Edit:

No 3: Actually, I don't think that skull is as tricky as you might think, because it's not very 3D; ie doesn't have much depth, and therefore avoids a lot of the complexiy found in modelling a true skull. Should be able to pull that off with normal SDS modelling and symmetry, possibly using material sub poly displacement for the teeth ?

Edited by cerbera, 06 February 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Luminetrics.net - making pixels extra shiny. Some Ngons remaining.

#3 rustEdge

rustEdge
  • 1,344 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

No specific modeling tutorials I can think of off the top of my head, though I'd recommend you run through as many Max/Maya modeling tutorials as you can. That way you're forced to translate modeling concepts into C4D rather than follow something step-by-step like a color-by-numbers book.

As far as C4D tutorials are concerned, if you have budget to spare, then I'd suggest purchasing the Vertex Pusher tutorials by Hrvoje. It's pretty comprehensive.

In terms of modeling parts of the sword per se, I'd rather poly model that than use NURBS. There's just too much localized detail that can't be done via lofting.

#4 Guest_Kalipto_*

Guest_Kalipto_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I think the best way to get a sharpness on the sword would be by using textures/materials.

#5 Guest_dizzydeez_*

Guest_dizzydeez_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for replying my thread.

After watching some of the tutorial by 3dKiwi (i love his accent :D ), here what i've got so far, you can see it in the first attachment, it's quite better then before hehe, carbera, thanks for the tips on the crown, i followed your step and wallaa, it worked :D

But i till having trouble to make some detail shown in the second attachment (not the skull, but below it), any suggestion or tips?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad English
1.png 2.PNG

Edited by dizzydeez, 08 February 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#6 Guest_Kalipto_*

Guest_Kalipto_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Here's something that should give you an idea on how to make that detail. I used 5 4-sides and a loft nurbs. Then just copied them on top of each other and scaled each one a bit. You can position the 4-sides any way you want to make it look better. Can't wait to see it when its done, loved Devil May Cry since the first one :)

Attached Thumbnails

• test.jpg

Edited by Kalipto, 08 February 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#7 Guest_dizzydeez_*

Guest_dizzydeez_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thx for the tips kalipsto, going to try it as soon as i got home.
And here's my last try to model that shape, the result is kind of funny i thing hhehheheh.

Last, if any of these member have a link or tips to model a skull, please share it here

Thanks for all the support
Sorry for my bad English

Attached Thumbnails

• Woot.jpg

#8 Guest_dizzydeez_*

Guest_dizzydeez_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Finally its done, my first 3d model :D
Although it doesn't replicate perfectly, but i'm quite satisfy with the result.
Once again i thanked this forum and its member for all the information, and tips.

Attached Thumbnails

• Rebellion Sword.png

#9 Guest_Kalipto_*

Guest_Kalipto_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

The model looks great :thumbsup:

#10 Guest_dizzydeez_*

Guest_dizzydeez_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

The model looks great :thumbsup: