Forums, gallery and free tutorials for Cinema 4D. Registration is fast and free. Please ensure you read our rules before joining.

Photo

Adding Hair Object To Model For Rigging

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stom

Stom
  • 22 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Studio

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi there, I'm currently trying to animate this fly I'm making, which has multiple hair objects on it. But whenever I add the character rig to my model the hairs do not follow! I have been told (in another section of the C4D cafe) to root the hairs to the model, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• riggingproblem02.jpg

#2 HSrdelic

HSrdelic

MAXON computer GmbH / The Vertex Pusher

• Admin
  • 8,990 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hair should follow any mesh regardless off it being rigged or not.
Can you upload a scene file or at least a stripepd down version so we can take a look? :)

Cheers

vertex-pusher.com - Professional CINEMA 4D Training videos and plugins

#3 Stom

Stom
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Beats me! I've uploaded a version that hasn't had the joints bound to the mesh yet (also, the mesh is all in separate bits, I usually connect+delete before being able to rig properly for some reason!

The only other thing I have done to the model is I deleted all my textures. Let me know if there's any problems!

Thank you! :)

*Just realized the file hadn't uploaded, my bad!

Edited by Stom, 21 February 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#4 Stom

Stom
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

One thing I just noticed, yeah normally I connect+delete all objects before rigging, its the only way it usually works for me. However I noticed when I do that the texture I have applied on the wings looses the UVW Mapping I applied to it, which is a nuisance. Any idea on how to avoid this?

I've been working on this model for a while now, I just want to start animating it finally! So if anyone has any idea where I'm going wrong with applying hair to a rig model please let me know!

Cheers.

#5 Stom

Stom
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

I realized where I was going wrong. Unfortunately I had to start the hair again because my model needed to be connect+deleted before I added hair and rigged. Glad to have finally sussed it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users