Motion Blur With Compositing Background

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 randomjc

randomjc
  • 9 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'm using c4d R13. I am rendering with video as a compositing background and using sub-frame motion blur. The motion blur is working well for my 3d objects, but it is also effecting the background. I've looked at my compositing tags and the motion blur setting, but I don't see any way to exclude the motion blur from my video. Is there a way to do this?

I realize that I should be able to render with alpha, object buffers, shadow passes, etc and not render my video bg out of c4d. But I've never really been successful with any of those set ups, and get best results for shadows and ambient occlusion by rendering everything together.

Thanks for any advice!

#2 randomjc

randomjc
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

As I've been troubleshooting this, using the motion blur from the physical render seems to fix it. However, it is taking much too long to be a feasible option. Also the reason I wasn't using physical to begin with was because it was messing up the frame rate of my compositing background video and the video in the environment channel of my materials. (Although that may have been because it was on a lower setting when I tested that.) I tried vector motion blur, but it didn't do anything, I guess I don't know how to use it. Right now it looks like using the rsmb plug in in ae will be the way to go. Although I'd still like to find a way to use sub frame blur and only effect certain objects. I see that the motion blur tag lets you turn off motion blur for certain objects, but this seems to only work with the physical render blur.

#3 UngaBunga

UngaBunga
  • 146 posts
  • C4D Version:12 (or older)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hi,

i guess by "sub frame motion blur" you mean "scene motion blur" - just to make sure we're talking about the same thing ;)
To decrease rendertime you could try to lower the samples of the shadows, GI, etc. since the scene motion blur will merge the "sub frames" together and make it smooth again - maybe this can speed it up while maintaining the quality.

Hope this helps

greetings
Unga

#4 randomjc

randomjc
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

I was confused about that too when searching forums for answers. In R13 I don't see anything that says, "scene motion blur". What I am using says, "sub-frame motion blur" and it's actually rendering much faster than using the physical render's motion blur when set to adaptive high. So render time with that isn't my problem, the problem is that it's blending the motion in my video background as well as the 3d objects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users