Creating Ploygon Between Two Splines.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 SkyOcean

SkyOcean
  • 84 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Studio

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

I try the entire morning to figure out this question. I draw two B-splines on top view, then I use Structure -- Create Polygon tool to make polygon between the points of these two splines.

However, The polygon will disappear after I created a polygon between 4 points of two splines. I double click the last point, then the polygon on show on any view ports, but on objective window, a polygon object has been created.

The Create Polygon tool works fine, if I create polygon just from 4 points, but not work with these 4 points of splines.

From this topic say, it seem ok to create polygon between two splines. http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/topic/34838-turning-a-spline-into-a-polygon/

Attached Thumbnails

• Create a ployon on points of spline.png
  • Ploygon disappear after double click the last point.png

#2 SkyOcean

SkyOcean
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I found one method that add two spline into Loft NURBS will create polygon between these two splines. However, I still want to know that how to use Create Polygon tool to manually create polygons between two splines.

#3 SKP

SKP

Hopeless

• 5,282 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Does this help?

I may not be good but I'm slow.

#4 SkyOcean

SkyOcean
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

That is awesome, thanks a lot. I found the trick is that you do not select these two spline before creating polygon. The Create Polygon tool will not let me create any polygon if I select ( Hight light ) these two splines. That is terrible tool to work with splines, because I will not see any reference points from these spline, if they are not be selected. Am I right???

I wonder why Create polygon tool work in this way with splines.

Do you suggest any better methods to create polygon between two spline. Because I work with some complex shape. Creating polygon between two splines: one spline come from the edge of a polygon, other spline come from the edge of different polygon. Would putting two spline into Loft NURBS be the best method to achieve this task?

#5 cerbera

cerbera

Intergalactic Quad Police

• 1,121 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

I wonder why the Create polygon tool works this way with splines.

You sound like you need to watch some basic modelling tutorials.

You don't directly create polys between splines because they are different types of object. I can see how you are confused, because both splines and 3D geometry have points. But the sort of points on splines cannot instantly become points of geometry (which can control polys) without some sort of generator making it happen. The Loft, Lathe, Bezier and Sweep Nurbs are such generators.

If you are using the splines merely as guides for how to lay out your polys then the Create poly tool will work, if you set your snapping options up properly. You should disable all options other than spline snapping.

Luminetrics.net - making pixels extra shiny. Some Ngons remaining.

#6 SkyOcean

SkyOcean
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Great solutions, I get clear about these ideas, problems solved. Thank you for helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users