NextLimit announced new version of Maxwell render with grass.
What's new in 2.7?
- NEW! Grass generator which allows you to quickly create grass on a selected piece of geometry
- NEW! MXI/MXS compression: File sizes 4x smaller with the new compression system for MXI files, especially when using additional render channels
- NEW! A new 3d vectorial displacement type for RealFlow displacement
- Added support for the new Maxwell Grass feature.
- Cinema Luminance Brightness is now used for MXI Emitter Intensity.
- Added support for the (R13) Cinema Camera's "Focus Object" link.
- Maxwell Fire exports are now performed using display LOD (in R12+).
- If no default mxm is found during export, one is written automatically.
- Optimized export of instances, when object motion blur is not enabled.
- Re-wote Render Region, to circumvent Cinema viewport z-clipping issues.
- Added ray-tracing code which finds interpolated UVs for Maxwell Hair.
- Added support for the use of instances of auto-translated Cinema lights.
- Added Render All Textures option, to facilitate animation of disk textures.
This is a free update to registered Maxwell render V2 customers.
Aside to new version, NextLimit now offers Maxwell render learning edition - no student ID required.
More information on their website