Hi everyone. It's time for another cartoon themed challenge. This time around we want you to model and texture a cute cartoon monster.
Judging will be made on modelling, texturing and cuteness with main emphasis on modelling and texturing. We're going to run this challenge for 4 weeks to give you plenty of time. You are welcome to enter multiple times.
Now the rules:
Judges for this challenge: Cafe Staff.
1. Deadline - Midnight Friday 20 July P.S.T. (4 week challenge)
2. No time limit i.e. take as long as you like.
3. No imported models / meshes / scenes.
4. Members can enter multiple times.
5. The Cafe judges reserve the right to disallow any entry if in their opinion the entry contains objectionable, offensive material or blatant advertising.
6. At least one WIP image is required as a reply to this topic just to keep things interesting. You can post more WIP images if you want. Please disable HyperNurbs objects.
7. All final entries must be made in the proper "Final entry" thread located here. You are required to attach a maximum of 2 final rendered images in 1280x1024 resolution or less, plus 1 only wireframe image. The wireframe image is to be a Cel render or a screenshot off Cinema viewport. Please disable HyperNurbs objects. We want to see your polygon construction.
8. You cannot use models etc that you have previously modelled before.
9. You can use imported texture maps, bump maps, displacement maps etc. What we don't want you doing is using a sculpting program like ZBrush to generate surface detail. Texture maps etc should be done either internally in C4D / Bodypaint or externally in a 2D paint program like Photoshop.