6 replies to this topic

#1 Nemus

Nemus
  • 96 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi guys,

I've notice some weird behaviours of c4d while rendering my scene:

Imagine i've my scene. If i render at frame 1, rendering time is X. If I render in frame 90, time in 10X etc, even if in all those frames the scene is ABSOLUTELY identical and no change happen.

Any idea?

Attached Thumbnails

• 01.jpg
  • 00.jpg

Edited by Nemus, 03 July 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#2 tomo

tomo
  • 196 posts
  • C4D Version:11.5 (or older)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

This can happen if you have some dynamics, hair etc in your scene - basically anything that needs to calculate all the frames up to the one you are currently rendering.

Edited by tomo, 03 July 2012 - 09:51 AM.

http://tomostuff.tumblr.com/

#3 Nemus

Nemus
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

This can happen if you have some dynamics, hair etc in your scene - basically anything that needs to calculate all the frames up to the one you are currently rendering.

You are my own, personal, messiah.

So, what if I need to start my render at f#1000 for example? Even if I let the animation play in my editor til the requested frame, and then start my render from there, render time is too high.
Solutions?

#4 tomo

tomo
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Bake/cache the simulation. It will take some time but you will be able to render any frame in relatively the same time afterwards.

#5 Nemus

Nemus
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Bake/cache the simulation. It will take some time but you will be able to render any frame in relatively the same time afterwards.

Well, it's a cloth tag, I suppose I need to cache it (never understood the difference between caching and baking).

Just one more question: the "clothed" object is inside a clothnurbs object. Does this create any problem to the caching process?

Edited by Nemus, 04 July 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#6 tomo

tomo
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

I guess it is the same thing in this context, at least I use both terms interchangeably. You can only bake a texture, but you can bake/cache a simulation.

Anyway, the Clothnurbs shouldn't cause you any problems as it doesn't directly influence the simulation process.

#7 Nemus

Nemus
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

I guess it is the same thing in this context, at least I use both terms interchangeably. You can only bake a texture, but you can bake/cache a simulation.

Anyway, the Clothnurbs shouldn't cause you any problems as it doesn't directly influence the simulation process.

Thank you very much :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rendering, Animation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users