• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 russm

russm
  • 81 posts
  • C4D Version:14 Studio

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

I am shooting out some particles from an emitter. I place these into a tracer and connect all objects.
This creates a nice group of connected lines.
What would be even better is if I could also create some flat polygons which roughly match the path of the lines....or even exactly match.
Placing loose polygons as part of the emission will not work. There has to be some relationship between the path of the lines and the polygons.

I have included a cinema 4d file with a basic set up. It also includes a mockup of two panels which shows what I mean. Also see this in the separate jpeg included.

It seems like I have spotted something like this before....any ideas.

Thanks,

Russ

Attached Thumbnails

• Polygons and Lines.jpg

Attached Files

#2 airbusch

airbusch

airbusch

• 1,157 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

You might check out Russell Simon's Polystepper. Sounds like what you are trying to do.

vimeo.com/45009976

#3 russm

russm
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

You might check out Russell Simon's Polystepper. Sounds like what you are trying to do.

vimeo.com/45009976

Thanks. I had a look at that and got close. Problem is that it grafts the polygons onto points...an in this case the points have not been emitted yet.
Once it gets going it works nicely.

I like the nice fluid look you get from the emitter so still looking for the elusive.

Russ

#4 douwe

douwe
  • 185 posts
  • C4D Version:15 Studio

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Can't really tell from your explanation if you need the Polygons to flash or stay,
but I suppose you need them to flash. ( =pop up then be around for a few frames then disappear)

How close do you get when you :
-put your Tracer in an Extrude Nurbs (Movement set to 0,0,0)
-place the Extrude Nurbs in a Connect Object
-Make sure the Connect Object is set to Weld and then crank up the Tolerance Setting to a much higher number (like 170 or so)

d

Edited by douwe, 19 August 2012 - 06:16 PM.

c4dlounge.eu (B/NL) +++ douwe on vimeo

#5 russm

russm
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Can't really tell from your explanation if you need the Polygons to flash or stay,
but I suppose you need them to flash. ( =pop up then be around for a few frames then disappear)

How close do you get when you :
-put your Tracer in an Extrude Nurbs (Movement set to 0,0,0)
-place the Extrude Nurbs in a Connect Object
-Make sure the Connect Object is set to Weld and then crank up the Tolerance Setting to a much higher number (like 170 or so)

d

Thanks.
I want them to stay and not flash.
Took your suggestion and applied it to my original makeup file.
It works great. I duplicated it so that the lines were slightly offset. This is the exact look that I want.
I have uploaded the file, and a jpeg which has been generated by the setup and not a mockup.

Now all I need is to get rid of thej popping. I tried the tolerance....big and small but no luck.
Hope you have one more trick up your sleeve.

Your idea is not deceptively simple.....could never have thought this up myself.

Thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails

• Polygons and Lines_02.jpg

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users