Forums, gallery and free tutorials for Cinema 4D. Registration is fast and free. Please ensure you read our rules before joining.

Photo

Issue With Keyframe Animating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 PromoPest

PromoPest
  • 17 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Studio

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi, I'm trying to animate a butterfly so it moves forward whilst beating it's wings. I've tried key framing the movement path and then the wing animation but after I've done this, the keyframes seem to get confused and the butterfly moves randomly...

A solution isn't immediately coming to me, I'm sure its incredibly simple. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

#2 soulspace

soulspace
  • 234 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Can you zip up your scene file and I'll take a look.

The basic idea would be to have the wings animating inside a null then make that wings null a child of your body object. You can then animate the wings flapping separately from the movement of the body whilst retaining the separate parts as a whole.

Edited by soulspace, 29 August 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#3 PromoPest

PromoPest
  • 17 posts
  • C4D Version:12 Studio

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks mate, I had fiddled around and got it to work. My next dilemma is making a swarm of animated butterfly-like things without having to make each individual butterfly... any ideas? Apologies for being a newbie.

#4 soulspace

soulspace
  • 234 posts
  • C4D Version:13 Studio

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Don't apologise for being a newbie - it's all relative and we're all noobs to some extent.

Swarm of butterflies would most definitely be done via Mograph. You could look at Tim Clapham's tutorial on flocking arrows:

http://www.helloluxx.com/news/making-it-look-great-7-mograph-unleashed/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users