InstanceMan is a plugin for Cinema 4D that helps to make life with instance objects a little easier.
Before R20, there was another plugin around - InstanceVault, that used worked well in prior versions of Cinema 4D. Unfortunately, that plugin wasn't of much use in R20, so I decided to write a similar plugin - InstanceMan.
Besides having all that functionality in R20 again, I managed to extend and improve the overall functionality and stability.
All functions are explained below.
Select all instances of the same reference object.
- Ctrl: Selects nested instances.
- Shift: Also select reference object.
Select all unconnected instances.
- Shift: Adds to current selection
Creates new instances or copies existing ones.
- Ctrl: Converts current object selection to instances and sets the last selected object as reference.
- Shift: Moves all children into the new reference object.
Renames all selected instances according to their reference object.
- Ctrl: Also renames nested instances.
- Shift: Enumerates the selected instances.
Relinks selected instances. The last selected instance is converted to a new reference object.
- Ctrl: Pops up a dialog to rename the new reference object.
MAKE INSTANCE EDITABLE
Extends Cinema 4Ds Make editable. Converts render- and multi-instances.
- Ctrl: Converts nested instances directly to the root object.
- Shift: Removes children of the instance.
- Alt: Don't inherit children of the reference object.
Swap a selected instance with its reference object and back. Allows to edit an instance in place.
- Ctrl: Additionally swap children.
FRAME SELECTED OBJECTS
Replaces Cinema 4Ds Frame selected objects. Render- and multi-instances are also respected.
FRAME SELECTED ELEMENTS
Replaces Cinema 4Ds Frame selected elements. Render- and multi-instances are also respected.
Open InstanceMan settings
Default instance mode: Set your desired instance mode for newly created instances.
Plugin website: https://www.roberthitzer.de/projects/instanceman/