Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

CGIHercules    6

I use CINEMA 4D and I am trying to go between CINEMA and MUDBOX. I am trying to make base mesh in Cinema and import it as an OBJ into Mudbox. I get different errors often even with simple shapes imported from C4D into Mudbox. Not sure what's wrong but I am trying to figure stuff out as I go. One that I get most often is "INCOMPLETE UV SET". How am I suppose to avoid this ? I don't even want any UV's at this stage it's just simple basic geometry that I wanna sculpt on and paint on in MudBox. Is there any specific way to export files so they are "Mudbox Ready" ?

Thank you

uv issue.png

Cerbera    1,120
49 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

Is there any specific way to export files so they are "Mudbox Ready" ?

To be honest almost nobody that uses C4D also uses Mudbox because Cinema has its own sculpting tools, so most of us just use those instead, or ZBrush, which is very compatible with C4D. For that reason I suspect you are better off asking about this in one of the Max / mudbox forums.

It's only a guess, but sculpting (with a view to baking the sculpt data) does require a UV map in Cinema, so maybe it's the same in MB ?

CBR

CGIHercules    6

Cerbera...Thank you for your reply. That's what I thought. I did ask the same question on MudBox forum too.

I find MudBox to be same as ZBrush as I used both but it's much more friendly and for me personally easier to use. Both are super powerful of course and can yield same quality of results. Now as far as C4D sculpt tools I can't say because I have never used them but I will try. I am on the beginner side so I don't know how to bake UV maps but I guess I need to look into that next.

Cerbera    1,120
1 hour ago, CGIHercules said:

Now as far as C4D sculpt tools I can't say because I have never used them but I will try. I am on the beginner side so I don't know how to bake UV maps but I guess I need to look into that next.

Cinema's sculpt tools are fairly basic, and certainly no replacement for the dedicated apps if sculpting is your main thing, but I am often surprised by how capable they are once you spend a bit of time with them. And it's so easy to bake down your sculpt once finished...

CGIHercules    6

In played with them a little bit (C4D sculpt tools) now and let me tell you they are all you need to sculpt. Not basic at all. THAT IS the main problem why I went from Zbrush to MudBox because it spreads out thin to give you every single tool in the world but you really only need very few tools if you know what each one does and how to use them. So I guess it is just a preference thing since I am sure they can all get the job done. I am all about simplicity and effectivity :)

• Like 2