Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

drmoreau

Can extrude out, but not in??

drmoreau    1

I've never seen this one before. I'm trying to make some windows on a ship hull but I can extrude faces outward, but when I go to extrude IN it won't go. I even tried extruding out away from the main hull and then extruding in once again, still nothing. What gives?

bezo    409

You have enabled Caps, this way bottom cap polygons are always visible and extrude to oposite side isn ´t visible...

drmoreau    1

ah okay.

what about create n-gons, should that be ticked as well? no idea what it does so I may have activated it the other day when trying to get another extrude issue sorted out.

VECTOR    335
Just now, drmoreau said:

ah okay.

what about create n-gons, should that be ticked as well? no idea what it does so I may have activated it the other day when trying to get another extrude issue sorted out.

N-Gons are pure evil

Cerbera    1,122
7 minutes ago, drmoreau said:

what about create n-gons, 

Inquisitor vector is correct - don't have that ticked - it creates ngons along the extrude, which is almost never what you (or anybody) wants.

CBR

• Like 1