Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Sign in to follow this  
JimmyBreuer

R2D2 in snow

JimmyBreuer    7

Hi guys,

I have been playing around with atmosphere effects and I wanted to create a small snow scene :)

this is the result:

thanks for feedback!

r2d2.jpg

• Like 3

Cerbera    1,120

From the thumbnail I thought that was gonna be rubbish, but am delighted to have clicked it and discovered it's actually very very good. Nice one ! :) If I had one criticism (and I always do :) it would be that it strikes me as odd that the rocks don't have any snow on them when the ground is covered - otherwise, it's a really pleasing atmospheric shot.

CBR

VECTOR    334

ilike it but i feel those rocks should have some residual snow on at the least, they look a little too clean for me ;) maybe a little build up at the base of the rocks too

JimmyBreuer    7
On 20.9.2017 at 6:53 PM, Cerbera said:

From the thumbnail I thought that was gonna be rubbish, but am delighted to have clicked it and discovered it's actually very very good. Nice one ! :) If I had one criticism (and I always do :) it would be that it strikes me as odd that the rocks don't have any snow on them when the ground is covered - otherwise, it's a really pleasing atmospheric shot.

CBR

Thank you! :)

yea I was concentrating too much on this atmospheric fog-like effect and thats why I certainly missed some detail.

Cerbera    1,120
3 minutes ago, JimmyBreuer said:

why I certainly missed some detail.

You could fix that in a minute flat with Magic Snow from nitro4D ! :)

So tell us - how did you get your lovely atmosphere ? 

CBR

JimmyBreuer    7
On 20.9.2017 at 7:00 PM, VECTOR said:

ilike it but i feel those rocks should have some residual snow on at the least, they look a little too clean for me ;) maybe a little build up at the base of the rocks too

Thanks a lot, and yes you are right. I will try to give the rocks more detail tomorrow and then share it :)

VECTOR    334
2 minutes ago, JimmyBreuer said:

Thanks a lot, and yes you are right. I will try to give the rocks more detail tomorrow and then share it :)

:P looking good though mate  :D

JimmyBreuer    7
On 20.9.2017 at 7:03 PM, Cerbera said:

You could fix that in a minute flat with Magic Snow from nitro4D ! :)

So tell us - how did you get your lovely atmosphere ? 

CBR

thanks for the tip!

I modelled the r2d2 in C4D and also the ground, wich is actually a low poly model which I textured in Substance painter. The rocks are actually all the same just roateted and scaled :D And unluckyli I rendererd the scene in 3ds max, but since the most work that was done in cinema 4d casue of the R2D2 I decided to upload it here..

I rendered it with vray :) Because I sadly dont have a license for vray for c4d..

Luis