imdcstar

Incorrect File Structure

Hi,

I was working on a project all day! I went to eat something and little brother was playing. He turned off PC accidentally. Everything was saved but project was running in c4d. I turned on computer and now getting this error 'Incorrect File Structure'.

My project was all done and just about to render. Now i am F------p. I have no backup, increments or backup reports.

Please please help!

Try going into the Preference settings (CTRL + E), open Preference Folder and under _bugreports try to see if that file was saved there, if not, you are pretty much at step one, which would be, doing your scene setup from scratch. 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Igor said:

Try going into the Preference settings (CTRL + E), open Preference Folder and under _bugreports try to see if that file was saved there, if not, you are pretty much at step one, which would be, doing your scene setup from scratch. 

oh! as i mentioned nothing was in bugreports already checked that! This thing should have a solution! Thanks for your response btw.

My suggestion would be to send corrupted scene file to MAXON support and they should be able to help you if the scene file is up to be saved. 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Check this file, not sure if it´s complete or not, in most cases there are not problems with geometry...

(when you download, let me know and I´ll remove the file)

///file removed

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, imdcstar said:

This thing should have a solution!

To be honest, they are not expecting your computer to get turned off ! I would be incredibly surprised if any software could be intelligent enough to know when a power cut is coming and save the file first. But whether bezo has got that back for you or not, it's a valuable lesson about always using incremental saves, and saving often ;)

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, bezo said:

Check this file, not sure if it´s complete or not, in most cases there are not problems with geometry...

(when you download, let me know and I´ll remove the file)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wvmqqru0048i9g/Chillveza_revival.zip?dl=0

Done sir. I cant thank you enough. You saved a lot of time!!!! Yes there are some geometry and minor issues but most importantly animation keyframes are ok. I can just copy tracks and paste on actual geometry in new scene.

You should actually make a tutorial on it!

Thanks so much. You can delete file.

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

To be honest, they are not expecting your computer to get turned off ! I would be incredibly surprised if any software could be intelligent enough to know when a power cut is coming and save the file first. But whether bezo has got that back for you or not, it's a valuable lesson about always using incremental saves, and saving often ;)

You are right. But there isn't any other program which corrupts file when it is already saved and just opened! I work in a lot of other tools never faced anything like this.

5 minutes ago, imdcstar said:

But there isn't any other program which corrupts file when it is already saved and just opened! I work in a lot of other tools never faced anything like this

Try Kingsoft Writer. That does this sort of sh1t all the time :) Or MS Visio, or 3D Max ! But anyway, pleased you got it back. 

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Cerbera said:

Try Kingsoft Writer. That does this sort of sh1t all the time :) But anyway, pleased you got it back. 

Yeah really happy! Materials are exactly same, everything is same. Just missed two meshes but that's not a big deal. Camera animation is also there.! @bezo is life saver!