Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

bobc4d

how can Blender be free?

MauricioPC    47

This is a great free training to start learning Blender. I recommend it.

https://gumroad.com/l/Intro_To_Blender

The only thing I wish Blender was better is in high poly objects. If you go to Edit Poly the chance of Blender crashing is very common.

hvanderwegen    31

Blender almost never crashes for me - I do agree high-poly counts for a singular object will slow down Blender a lot while working in Edit mode. A good reason to split up a very complex object into several parts.

But I don't have issues with Edit mode crashing even with high-poly objects. Of course, I have no idea what you consider high poly objects? And I do have 48Gb memory.

I can say that edit mode in 2.8 alpha already boosts performance considerably (also for object mode - ridiculously so). In Edit mode 2.8 Eevee orbiting the viewport is just as fast as in object mode. Editing is still quite slow on a 1 million triangle object, though.

The trick is to hide the parts you are not editing, and then work. The Blender devs intention is to improve this in the 2.8 series.

• Like 1

MauricioPC    47

Well, maybe it's my computer. But generally when I'm doing sub-d modeling fun, in Blender, after 3-4 million I start getting into problems with Edit Poly. Generally takes forever to return and all. It basically hangs and eats my memory. I find it on par with Modo, but worse than Max/C4D.

But from what I'm reading, this will be fixed in 2.8, so I'm hopeful. :)