• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
bobc4d

how can Blender be free?

8 hours ago, MauricioPC said:

If you have the patience, it would be cool if you could do a review of Blender 2.8. 

I guess many like myself are thinking of switching (me possibly from Modo). 

I'm still using Blender 2.79 although I do have the Beta of 2.8 loaded. It's viewport display is much better than Modo's crappy "Advanced" display mode. Here's another screengrab of the Corvette. The tail is now finished. Just doing the wipers and then it's on to the wheels.

What I like about Blender is the sheer quantity of deformers you can apply to a model and not have your scene grind to a halt. It's modelling tools are okay but not as good as Modo or even C4D although you do get used to the way Blender does things plus often if you're missing a modelling tool there's a plugin that can do it. Plus there are some awesome modelling plugins that do stuff neither Modo or C4D can do.

Blender28.jpg

• Topic Author
  • this is coming along really nicely Nigel.  I am starting  to get my head around Houdini's procedural modeling and am finding it the way to go I am really starting to like it.   Hard surface modeling tutorials are few because that is not Houdini's bread and butter but they are starting to take it a bit more serious. 

I don't have a dirty mind because I use Mental Floss.