Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

toxxreport

black on vray renders

toxxreport    0

hello,

This is only my second post but I have benefited greatly from this board, and the people seem as friendly as they are knowledgeable. 

I'm being overly entertained with vray renders... the problem being unwanted black in what appears to be reflective areas. I've found several references to this but nothing has worked yet, including raising the values for Hemispheric subdivisions and interpolated samples, as well as setting UVW coordinates from projection, and checking other parameters such as noise threshold.... and changing the GI engine on primary and secondary bounces.

It feels a bit odd identifying as nubie as I teach technology.... but alas not 3D. Thanks in advance if anyone ventures a look. I have attached an example and settings.

Cheers!

Mike

render.png

settings.pdf

Rectro    496

Hi Mike

What version of Vray are you using as someone needs to be using the same version to help in order to remove possibility to build changes.  If you can provide the scene or part of the scene that would also help a great deal.  I take it you have asked over on the official forum?

Dan

toxxreport    0

Hi there,

I'm on r18 vray 1.9. and a sorry video card on my mac... didn't realize when I got smaller hard drive you got the crappy v card. I 18 TB on thunderbolt (never do that on  laptop btw... unless you like it disconnecting when you barely move... 20 times a day) mac setting attached. I do have to be careful because if I get some settings too high I get the much loved blue screen when rendering.  I'm to  pretty sure it is related to irradiance somehow... I'm pretty sure.

I've tried vray advanced materials... all manner of c4d both made by me and downloaded or from library.  Read and tried all I can think of...

Sheesh!

Learning fast....

mac settings.pdf

Rectro    496

I'm sorry but your out of luck as I  don't use Mac or vray 1.9,   I'm on v3.5 and too many changes has been made since your version.   Your best to get  on the official vray forum.

Dan

Vizn    36

More info is needed. What are your environment settings? How is your environment constructed? (i.e sun, sky, studio backdrop..)

spiralstair    23

Why do you have AO on in the settings? Get rid of this to start with. It looks like there is a black object in the scene or hdri that the metal is reflecting.

i strongly reccomend updating to 3.5 - The standard BF LC settings are semi-automatic and much much faster. 

As a general rule avoid usinh c4d materials in vray scenes. Even with the option turned on to bake c4d materials on the fly, you can run into problems fairly quickly. Use the vray shader workflow to avoid unexpected mistakes.

stefanlaub    0

come to the support forum or our support email  and we help you, as user you have a free acoujtn there

V-RAYforC4D