Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

IQP Official: Drinking Bottle Challenge

Haha, yeah well for me the first one was a challenge too :) (but in a good way!)

I am not sure if I will have time or not , but anyway , it would be cool if a pic for the full object would be cool , as I didn't see something like this before .

Admin

I can see there is no many of us who actually goes to the gym and dring protein drinks! :D

here's the protein shaker togethe

61CpeMGyc2L._SY679_.jpg

Would I be a sinner if I used boole to model the top part , then retopology it ?

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    14 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

Would I be a sinner if I used boole to model the top part , then retopology it ?

Can't speak for Vecs, but not in my book. I hate booles as much as he does, but if you can justify their use by diligently cleaning up after one, or just using it as a base for retopology, then you will have nullified their evil, and then I don't see how we can hold that against you ;)

CBR

Great challenge, really some important things to become better at modelling and topology in general. Looking forward to participate. I hope to also have enough time to finish.  :-) 

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Good news guys - deadline extended to Oct 30th ! So you have adequate time to plan your ingenious polyflows...

CBR

Hoping we can get a few more members on board for this one :) 

To address what was said earlier about giving people a topic and letting them model their own thing. The main focus of the club is to help members improve their modelling skills, if this were just a regular cafe challenge then that would be a valid point, but it would defeat the object doing that here. 

If someone models a protein shaker like this, then someone else models a simple sports bottle, it's like someone painting a wonderful master piece and me choosing to draw a stick man, then have us both try to compete against each other, even though I may well be capable of painting a master piece too.

By everyone modelling the same object we can clearly see who has the better model and others can learn by their examples and wire frames, yes this one is a step up from the last but only by continually raising the bar do we force ourselves to improve, no one gets better by keeping things at the same level :) I look forward to seeing people efforts and can't wait for those final wire frames !!, v