Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

IQP Official: Drinking Bottle Challenge

Four weeks is a good timescale i'd say as it can be difficult to fit something like this in in a shorter time than that.

This is something I'm going to have a crack at as I have my very own one at home :D

Guest Mikel

I actually wanted to know the type of modeling we're working on, is it for 3d printing or 3d visualization?

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Mikel said:

I actually wanted to know the type of modeling we're working on, is it for 3d printing or 3d visualization?

3D visualization is closest, but we are more interested in good modelling technique than we are in the final render.

CBR

Guest Mikel

Oh ok cool, that would be great!

Guest jeanxprto

good topic

great! to try! ::):

On 10/5/2017 at 3:07 AM, VECTOR said:

it's quite a tricky s

Yes i can :D also yes it is quite a tricky shape, here's a rough, quick example, minus some of the finer details, that it can be done 

lid_example.png

That's a really decent start and a fellow c4d user too! :D  I had a few cracks at this last night, this is a tough one.  Constantly thinking about it, even picked up someones protein shaker lid at work and started dissecting it.  Did you model in the twirl or do you use something like a helix spline? If we're not allowed to talk about this stiff just say mods and I'll be silent :)

27 minutes ago, daddycoull said:

That's a really decent start and a fellow c4d user too! :D  I had a few cracks at this last night, this is a tough one.  Constantly thinking about it, even picked up someones protein shaker lid at work and started dissecting it.  Did you model in the twirl or do you use something like a helix spline? If we're not allowed to talk about this stiff just say mods and I'll be silent :)

Haha you know you've got the bug when you're doing it at work :) yea it was just a quick play around :P no splines just modeled it in, i don't see a problem discussing it, as long as we dont give away any specifics :P the spiral was relatively easy, the tricky part is the transition from a sharp edge on the spiral into a smooth surface on the spout bit

lid_2.thumb.png.5a834160ab05c854b65a305525fd8d1d.png

I always seem to miss the initial announcement so I'm down to about two weeks. Didn't quite finish last month's hook on time but I'll post some WIPs here this month if only to encourage other participants. 

Unfortunately, I am already too obsessed with geometry so this is encouraging a bad habit when I should be learning some other things instead ::):

Day One:

shaker-2017.10.12crop.jpg

1 hour ago, Hart said:

I always seem to miss the initial announcement so I'm down to about two weeks. Didn't quite finish last month's hook on time but I'll post some WIPs here this month if only to encourage other participants. 

Unfortunately, I am already too obsessed with geometry so this is encouraging a bad habit when I should be learning some other things instead ::):

Day One:

shaker-2017.10.12crop.jpg

No such thing thing as too obsessed :D