• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

IQP Official: Drinking Bottle Challenge

1 hour ago, King of Snake said:

Very nice work and welcome to the forum! You've certainly nailed the shapes, though I do see some artifacting. Looking forward to seeing the wireframes.

Thanks King! Your'e right. There are artifacts. I just had the hardest time getting those chapes together. And keeping the atrifacts to a minimum. I'm hoping to learn from you guys.

5 hours ago, hansolo said:

Thanks King! Your'e right. There are artifacts. I just had the hardest time getting those chapes together. And keeping the atrifacts to a minimum. I'm hoping to learn from you guys.

Hi , if you convert those triangles to a good looking quad it would look much smoother . Optimizing meshes isn't very hard when you get used to it . 

Good luck to every one ! 

Unfortunately I couldn't start working on this project , but I will make sure to model this mesh when I get some free time ! (not for the challenge , just for fun )

3D is where your dreams come true ... or at least mine :D

On 10/17/2017 at 1:09 PM, Rudebwoy said:

Looks great mrittman.  What was your starting point?

Thanks! I actually found a side view of the bottle and brought it into C4D and used that as a starting point. Started with a cylinder and just started adding detail from there. 

Alrighty I think I'm finished with mine. I DID get it to all quads! This project took me WAY more time than I anticipated though lol.

render4.png

render1.png

render2.png

render3.png

Hi guys,

I modelled a new top. Tried to keep it as quad as possible. It's less wonky than the last one. Though stills not perfect.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.04.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.34.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.49.png

3 hours ago, hansolo said:

Hi guys,

I modelled a new top. Tried to keep it as quad as possible. It's less wonky than the last one. Though stills not perfect.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.04.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.34.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 15.48.49.png

Wow, nice work man. Even did the words on it. That’s insane to me. I don’t now how ya’ll do that and keep it quads.

4 minutes ago, mrittman said:

Wow, nice work man. Even did the words on it. That’s insane to me. I don’t now how ya’ll do that and keep it quads.

Well, M, The text is a bumpmap. That would be insane to model! The moon shape logo on top is modelled though. 

39 minutes ago, hansolo said:

Well, M, The text is a bumpmap. That would be insane to model! The moon shape logo on top is modelled though. 

Oh haha I gotcha. Wow I didn’t even think of doing a bump map lol. 

I think this challenge is slightly outta my league but gonna give it a go! Can't wait to see how everyone else achieved this.

1 hour ago, Yohnson said:

I think this challenge is slightly outta my league but gonna give it a go! Can't wait to see how everyone else achieved this.

Nah man you can do it! Just try your best!

On 10/18/2017 at 7:35 PM, mrittman said:

Thanks! I actually found a side view of the bottle and brought it into C4D and used that as a starting point. Started with a cylinder and just started adding detail from there. 

Started with a cylinder you say? will need to give that a try, just back from a weeks holidays and have 7 days to batter out something.  I tried doing the swirl with a helix spline with a profiled curved shape and then modelled it from there, but it didn't work to well.  I'll definitely give the cylinder a try!