Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

IQP Official: Drinking Bottle Challenge

2 hours ago, mrittman said:

Nah man you can do it! Just try your best!

You've charmed me

Everyone with their textures and renders! I'm still fussing with quads.

WIPs for the bottle (now complete except letters and material) and the grid, still very much a WIP

shaker%202017.10.23%20geometry%20fine-tuScreen%20Shot%202017-10-25%20at%2011.04.

The bottle is a symphony of quads. The grid is getting there. I just realized that the number of squares is wrong. I have a hole in the center instead of an intersection. But there is definitely no turning back now.

36 minutes ago, Hart said:

WIPs for the bottle (now complete except letters and material) and the grid, still very much a WIP

shaker%202017.10.23%20geometry%20fine-tuScreen%20Shot%202017-10-25%20at%2011.04.

The bottle is a symphony of quads. The grid is getting there. I just realized that the number of squares is wrong. I have a hole in the center instead of an intersection. But there is definitely no turning back now.

Yeah that mesh piece was challenging for me as well. Doing all quads is pretty difficult!

2 hours ago, Hart said:

Ha don't worry there's still time! and remember the textured renders are just a bonus it's the wire frames that get posted in the final entries thread that really matter, as for that little mesh filter there's a far easier approach to it, I'll give you a small clue, look at what you have already, you've  nearly modelled enough to do the whole filter.

5 hours ago, VECTOR said:

I'll give you a small clue, look at what you have already, you've  nearly modelled enough to do the whole filter.

Hmmmm...

26 minutes ago, Hart said:

Hmmmm...

:D

A day later I have all my corners defined and all my triangles eliminated.  

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-26%20at%209.17.4

17 hours ago, Hart said:

A day later I have all my corners defined and all my triangles eliminated.  

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-26%20at%209.17.4

Nice man!!

Rerendered my final image. I created a bump map for the "Original Buchsteiner MixMaster" logo on the lid flap. I did use Corona, but in my defense it's a free renderer, so anyone can use it haha :P I tried to get the logo to be lighter, but Corona doesn't allow stacking of materials, so I wasn't able to apply it as a "decal" material.

render5.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-28%20at%209.02.0

Yikes, clearly there are others who are totally out of my league but here's another WIP. I did this the hard and painful way; no booles or modifiers. The proportions are a little off but I going to plow ahead anyway. 

11 hours ago, Hart said:

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-28%20at%209.02.0

Yikes, clearly there are others who are totally out of my league but here's another WIP. I did this the hard and painful way; no booles or modifiers. The proportions are a little off but I going to plow ahead anyway. 

Dude seriously, good start. I used a Boole and then cleaned it up quite a bit haha. That lid is a difficult shape to pull off. Especially all quads.