Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Rectro

Unfold3D new pricing and version

Rectro    497

Hi

Im a long term user of Unfold3D and recently got v9 upgrade while sold under Polygonal Designer.  This software is the best for UV editing without doubt, but has always been very expensive.  Now they have a new version out under Rizom Lab with even better features and a much better pricing scheme which has now got both a perpetual outright price and rent to own.

Anyways, here is the link.

https://www.unfold3d.com/

Dan

• Like 2

Igor    459

Price is not bad at all. Ill probably purchase this thing in the near future. :)

• Like 1

Rectro    497
1 minute ago, Igor said:

Price is not bad at all. Ill probably purchase this thing in the near future. :)

Iv been Beta testing it over last few months, and think not only has Rizom Labs done a great job on this version, but the price has gone down significantly from when I purchased it.  You know when UV software is great! the Uv process is something you look forward to doing.

Dan

• Like 1

Visionnext    66

Thanks for the information. Just acquired 3DCoat and I wonder about the pros and cons of Unfold3D. It definitely looks like a nice program and @Rectro's recommendations are never bad at all. ::):

• Like 1

Rectro    497
31 minutes ago, Visionnext said:

Just acquired 3DCoat and I wonder about the pros and cons of Unfold3D

Hi there.

Without owning 3DCoat I would not be able to make a fair comparison , but if you have ever heard anyone saying how good the UV tools are in MODO, I can tell you that Unfold3D is better, faster, more intuitive, but then MODO 11 is out now and Im still on 901.  I do plan on making a video review on it soon, so that should help people get a idea what makes Unfold3d so good.  

In typical use Its very fast on even higher polygon objects, and makes selecting the shortest path so easy.   Areas like unfolding hands and feet, this takes literaly a few seconds to select the borders, and with its auto anti  overlap feature you wont have to spend ages putting down pins to pull part overlapping edges, it does it when you unfold it.  I like how it tells me when the mesh has issues.  This is often caused by me forgetting to optimise my mesh as C4D is the only 3d app that seems to leave behind floating verts as if its a desirable objective by MAXON?

Its logarithm to relax is superb, and has weight painting for  emphasis on areas to get more Uv space, direct relax painting, and optimising with Symmetry.

Unfolding hair cards that are made from even strips of polygons, yet bent can be straighten out with ease, and then in turn get all other cards to match and overlay the single card that has been unfolded, that shares the same construction.  This is helpful for finger nails so as to get all nails that share the same construction to match, and overlay so you have to only paint the nails once.  Full UDIM support as you would expect.

Dan

• Like 2