Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

INSYDIUM

X-Particles 4 Release -5th Dec more info

INSYDIUM    19

Over the next few weeks, we'll be releasing sneak peek videos showcasing all the major new features of X-Particles 4. If you visit http://insydium.uk/x-particles-4-new-features/ you’ll find information on the new features, pricing and FAQs. This information will be updated regularly.

Please take the time to watch our first Sneak Peek, created by Mike Batchelor -

Episode 1 - xpClothFX

xpClothFX Dynamics system brings remarkably fast cloth simulations right into the X-Particles workflow.
http://vimeo.com/236289244

We hope you enjoy it, we're looking forward to sharing more with you over the next few weeks

Thank you x
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1

grain    102

Omg that looks so good it's ridiculous. Honestly why MAXON don't just replace all their internal dynamics with your tech is beyond me. 

It would be mundane but great to see how a cloth object on a character would look, and if you can stitch together multiple bits of fabric etc.

• Like 1

natevplas    1

Looks way more intuitive and useful than the C4D Cloth tags!

nerv    228

OOOOOOH I'm definitely keeping an eye on my email for that early bird special.  

ingvarai    8

I wonder if the cloth itself will have dynamic properties. So that if a sphere is dropped from above, that it will be caught by the cloth in a realistic way.

-Ingvar

Zmotive    49
1 hour ago, ingvarai said:

I wonder if the cloth itself will have dynamic properties. So that if a sphere is dropped from above, that it will be caught by the cloth in a realistic way.

-Ingvar

Every demo I've seen suggests the answer is "yes".

Cutman    137
9 hours ago, ingvarai said:

-Ingvar

It wouldn't be much of a cloth simulator if it couldn't do what you ask but there remains a question how well xpCloth integrates with C4D's dynamics system because MAXON don't allow 3rd party access to the C4D dynamics system unless things have changed recently.

I particularly like the ripping controls especially the triangle edge option to smooth the ripped edges. Saaweet.

Cutman    137
18 hours ago, grain said:

Omg that looks so good it's ridiculous. Honestly why MAXON don't just replace all their internal dynamics with your tech is beyond me. 

XParticles by its existence has shown up MAXON's own tardy process in sorting out their fragmented dynamics system. What we consumers need is MAXON to provide a unified dynamics core that is consistent across mograph, cloth and particles then make this API open and available to 3rd party developers so they don't have to keep reinventing the wheel and allow plugins to integrate fully with the core dynamics system.

p.s. I was doing some Mograh yesterday in  C4D Mograph and I'd forgotten how to do something trivial because XParticles has become our one-stop-shop for Mograph. That's how reliant I've become on XP so props to Insydium for filling the gaping hole left by MAXON.

ingvarai    8
5 hours ago, Cutman said:

It wouldn't be much of a cloth simulator if it couldn't do what you ask

12 hours ago, Zmotive said:

Every demo I've seen suggests the answer is "yes".

AFAIK, C4D can't do this today. This is why I ask. Please check the attached project. There is not way for the cloth to stop the falling sphere, as I understand it. Or is it?

-Ingvar

ClothSim.c4d

Cutman    137

@ingvarai You need to put a Mograph collider tag on the cloth and make sure the collision shape is Moving Mesh.

Hope that helps.

ingvarai    8
3 hours ago, Cutman said:

@ingvarai You need to put a Mograph collider tag on the cloth and make sure the collision shape is Moving Mesh.

@Cutman yes, this will stop (catch) the falling sphere, but not in a realistic way.
So my initial question is still valid: 

-Ingvar

everfresh    125

wonderful. :Banane21: looking forward to playing with it.