INSYDIUM

X-Particles 4 Release -5th Dec more info

Congrats to @INSYDIUM XP4 is a much more comprehensive update than the sneak peeks eluded to and it feels like a completely new plugin, nah, a complete new application. XP has become Mograph to me if not the entire reason for using C4D and I could no longer contemplate using C4D without XP installed that's how vital XP has become in a relatively short time.

3D-Pangel    190
1 hour ago, Cutman said:

Dave, this post is typically adolescent which I've come to expect from you and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest the list of those who clicked in appreciation of it either, a league of losers. 

In your attempt to belittle me and misrepresent what I have said you have failed to understand that it is surely a positive to be discussing XParticles in the same breath as Houdini and a huge recommendation, in fact, I've done nothing but recommend and praise XP for several years. If I really did think as you say I would not mention or discuss XP and certainly not compare to an application like Houdini. If it is no longer possible to objectively  discuss features of comparable software without the perpetually butt hurt getting their knickers in a twist then this forums has just become an echo chamber for adolescent minded idiots. Maybe that's what Hrvojie wants as long as it's pro C4D, pro MAXON adolescent minded drivel? No wonder the active membership is falling here despite the claims that C4D ownership is in rude health and growing. Think about that...

Do you need a puppy?  

SKaiser    23

So, has anyone had the chance to try out Xparticles 4 yet?

I've had a quick run through and I'm loving what I see so far. So glad they improved the mesher and can't wait to try out the cloth tear options. I'm getting some crazy ideas already.

It may be a little premature to say but it seems like a really cool update! I'm happy for my purchase. It's actually (finally) as good as I though X particles 3 should have been.

Fastbee    54

I might be doing something wrong, but here is what I got with some tests.

Left is c4d cloth.  Right is xp cloth.

5a2887c625db1_xpclothvsxp.thumb.jpg.935ac2cf39df898a7b6210d4b19dfdb9.jpg

There is a pinning to an inner cylinder with the same number of points as the disc.  I have cloth collision on another cylinder in the center which it always goes though no matter how high the iterations or subdivisions of the cylinder.

The c4d one has a belt on the same points.

Seems xp cloth has a problem with penetrations.  If there was a way to absolutely keep it from penetrating itself and other objects this would be usable.  Tried a xpPPCollisions and the cloth started glitching out on me.  Tried making the particles smaller and adding more repulsion and it worked better, but still penetrated.

nerv    278

I've played around with it a bit, though I haven't had much time.  So far what I've tried has been great - however, it looks like the OpenVDB mesher is creating meshes with inverted normals, which can result in some weirdness when rendering. Already had a few headaches trying to apply refractive / SSS materials with Redshift. I hope they address that soon. 

MickD    5

I was playing with XP4 all day yesterday. So far have only tried a few of the new functions as I am still learning XP in general. The Splineflow is awesome. Already had some really nice effects. Tried also with the VDB mesher and rendered with Cycles4D using reflective, refractive and other surface types and all seems fine. Good results so far though didn't push the particle count to get that smooth water look. 

The Strange Effectors and FlowField are cool and fun to play with. Can get some really exciting results. Also used the new VDB mesher on these along with other material types and all seems good. Loving the new Gravity Newton modifier. So fun to play with, but the simulation has to play for a long time before getting some great results. I tried the exPlosiaFX and though the quick test I did (sphere in domain) was fast and worked well, I just struggled to render it. Tried following the smoke and fire setups, as well as the tutorial from cycles4d, though Mario from Insydium has said the new Cycles update will be here soon that will fix the Explosia FX rendering.

I'm having issues with Xplosia not writing VDB caches correctly. It produced a whole sequence of still frames of the same volume. Changing settings did nothing but deleting the cache object and recaching cleared sorted it.

I'm also getting ridiculous cache times with any voxel size less than .3. Mid way through the timeline the countdown remaining just stops but all CPU cores pegged at 100% but no movement for over 20 mins. The viewport doesn't update during caching so you have to do a viewport play through to check the sim is right before caching. It would be better to see the viewport update while caching so it can be aborted if necessary. Another popular3D application with smoke simulations running on the same computer caches out a similar volume in several frames a second so I know it's not the computer that can't cope with the sim.

I think the addition of the Data Import functionality and the ability to peruse these data in the console, which has made it to permanent place in my XP layout, will make XP4 the first port of call for my data visualisation work before sending these data over to another popular 3D animation program. However the xpCustomData modifier will be huge I tell ya and this whole XP4 release appears to have brought particle data much more visible than hidden away in the background as before and as a result I expect to see much more generative and deterministic sims.

INSYDIUM    33
  • Topic Author
  • We are pleased to announce that the Cycles 4D Major Service Update - Build 247 is now available!  For a full list of changes please visit  http://insydium.ltd/news/latest-news/4th-service-update-for-cycles-4d/  

Thanks x

• Like 2

nerv    278

Amazing cycles 4d update, guys. I need to check back in and give it another run. Been a minute. 

INSYDIUM    33
  • Topic Author
  • xpExplosiaFX - Rendering Guide

Mike's Quick guide  - How to render xpExplosiaFX from X-Particles 4 using Cycles 4D and how to export the data and use that to render in Redshift and Octane.

We hope some of you will find it useful - thank you x

• Like 2

Greatszalam    77
    18 hours ago, nerv said:

Amazing cycles 4d update, guys. I need to check back in and give it another run. Been a minute. 

I think you will find the node editor upgrades quite lovely.