Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Sign in to follow this  
agag

Simple Liquid in a pipe structure

agag    0

Hi,

I am wondering about a simple visualization of a liquid (paint) streaming through a pipe system. I have rough ideas, but I am not happy with it. One procedure could be to realize it over an animated texture (alpha). An another way could be to make it via sweep-nurps. Maybe Bool objects could help, but nothing of that promises a good result. The tricky thing is, that there isn't always the same pipe thickness. Another problem is, that I have to start with a finished mesh of the pipe respectively with the paint volume. I hope I explained it precisely enough. Any ideas? There is no need for a hyper-realistic animation or an plug-in like "real-flow" just a simplified movement of paint in a long hollow form. Thanx a lot, Alex

Cerbera    1,120

I think you should be able to get a perfectly decent result out of sweeps for this. You just need 2 sweeps based on identical path splines, using profile splines that have the same axis point, so you can effectively line one up inside the other. Then it should just be a case of animating the end point of the inner one to make liquid move along it ?

CBR

agag    0

Hi,

I figured out, that the sweep nurb has the option to scale the cross section under "details". I guess you mean that possibility? So with that, it could be a good way. But how can I get a centre spline out of tube mesh which follows all directions and even has sections with different angles. Maybe an idea? Thanks

Cerbera    1,120
45 minutes ago, agag said:

I figured out, that the sweep nurb has the option to scale the cross section under "details". I guess you mean that possibility?

No I meant use different profile splines in each sweep, so one fitted inside the other without the need for any cross section scaling, but hey, whatever works, right ? :)

CBR

agag    0

Hi, Maybe you are willing to have a look at this screenshots. This is one of my paint tube objects. As you can see not a clean mesh. I tried to let it grow with a rough sweep animation. I know that I can get a centre spline with the help of selecting all cross sections and make joints. Then joints to spline - I know that. But as you can see, there is a hard edge at the end of the boolen object. So my solution is very rough. Maybe there is a better way. Thanks

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-12 um 20.33.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-12 um 20.33.11.png

agag    0

I forgot to say, the starting point is always the mesh of different pipes or tubes. As you can see with many different cross-sections. I don't think, that its a good way to emulate all of the tube objects with sweep nurbs or the like. Maybe there is a plugin for "let objects grow" or something.

Thanks, I appreciate all ideas from somebody else

westbam    35

I wanna help, but have no idea what a mess it is I am looking at. Any method people suggest would be a bit useless with that geometry.

Normally a tube like that would look like a clean tube, like a bend cylinder if you please.

What you really really really want to pull of the effect, is a spline that is smack in the center of your tube.

Normally you would use that spline to create the tube, with, indeed a sweep. And then make it editable (keep a copy of your spline!)  you ring select and scale the parts that are thicker.

Than you just animate a sweep along that spline with a circle that is a bit smaller than the tube. And now for the thicker parts, use some deformers, like a bulge, and place them where needed.

To make the tip/end look interesting, you might wanna add something special there that follows it. There is a nice tut for that. 

agag    0

Hi, thank you very much! Very useful tutorial!

Yes, I know what you mean - it would be great if this pipe-like objects would have a cleaner geometry and maybe I will get this better geometry. But in the meantime, I have to deal with this status quo and should find a solution.

So the only idea I have is to work with a growing sweep, but in connection with a boolean object. The reason is, that I have to work with the basic pipe-like form and let it grow.

I know what you are mean by using deformers etc., but the pipe-like forms should follow exactly a way (tunnel) with the same shaping, you know? I guess it ends up with big complexity!

Thanks, Alex