EAlexander

Ealexander Sketch Book

These are fantastic! Apparently you don't have kids to keep you away from your computer...................I am in awe. Thank you for sharing

• Topic Author
  • 23 minutes ago, Monstrphil said:

These are fantastic! Apparently you don't have kids to keep you away from your computer...................I am in awe. Thank you for sharing

Thanks Phil!  Actually, I have a 6 year old daughter and my wife has a crazy busy career.  :) I just try to keep it quick which is why most of the work tends to be pretty simple and using models from others.  My client work is much more involved and built out. 

Thanks for looking!

e.

It's nice to see someone who is working with the architectural aspect. Too many times are the examples or tutorials geared towards a game or f/x. I mostly do CAD work for a manufacturing company here on the west coast and try to find examples that show how to light rooms or how to texture floors. Your work is stunning and makes me feel bad that I just go home and binge watch Game of Thrones rather than playing with Octane or sharpening up my modeling skills. 

• Topic Author
  • Hey Phil,

Don't be too hard on yourself.  I do a lot of CAD work too - though for entertainment and not CAD/CAM for manufacturing.  It takes a lot of concentration and brain space.  On days when I'm in CAD all day, I don't know that I can just jump over to Cinema and make something.  I tend to try to get to my studio early and make something first thing instead of fitting it in at the end of the day when I'm spent.

I also have slowed down my personal work a bit - it's hard to stay inspired and productive - especially around client work or if the sun is shining beautifully outside.  I think there is a slight backlash to the whole daily render thing - people think if they aren't Beeple or if they miss a day (or two or seven) that there is no point in doing it.... it's just not true.  Set realistic goals for yourself and keep the projects simple - stupid simple.  Download a free model from turbosquid.  Texture it and light it in a studio setup.  One a week.  One a month.  That's all it takes. 

I would also add there there are plenty of started quick projects that I abandon, or even take to final render and not post anywhere.  I've learned what I needed to, but the final image wasn't great.  Don't beat yourself up before you even get started.

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • 08.10 More Hard surface work. Modeled in Vectorworks. Based on a concept from Andrew Averkin and using some of his kitbashing kit too.

08_10_Corona_v02.jpg

08_10_Corona_v02a.jpg