Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

thanulee

Lock animated camera

thanulee    3

Hi, i accidentally move my camera a lot out of position so i d like to know how to lock it. Protection tag works if camera has no keyframes just fine. If camera has keyframes, with protection tag on doesnt animate anymore. 
Supposedly (since keyframes) camera should move again to its position when i press play, but sometimes for reasons that i dont understand, it doest and thats why im asking.
Ideas? ty

Cerbera    1,120

You can't lock a camera that is in motion. But you can use 'Undo view' (ctrl-shift Z) however, every time you accidentally move it.

CBR

ABMotion    20

It sounds like you have either Record Active Objects or Autokeying toggled on (icons next to your timeline (see screenshot)).

auto_keyframes.thumb.png.d31484416e70d30917f27aa49efc59e3.png

That would mean if you move your camera, it is automatically creating new position, scale or rotation keyframe/s and therefore exhibiting the behaviour you are describing where the camera is moving differently to what you think you've set already.

As you noted already, you shouldn't add a protection tag on the camera if you have it keyframed.

thanulee    3

Thanks, well i wish it was that but seems like it isnt. I ll keep an eye though more carefully. Also, if i put my camera hierarchy inside a new null, naturally it will move out of its position. But when i take it out back again, shouldnt go to its original place? thanks

frankm    9

if you put the camera in a locked layer that should prevent you from moving it accidentally whilst still allowing the animation to play out - if that's any use?

• Like 1

thanulee    3

Sounds excellent, i ll try it out 2morrow :) 
edit: nope i can navigate in my camera viewport and ruin it. I really cannot understand why c4d does this... I ll attach u 2morrow a file probably, maybe something in my hierarchy lets me mess up with camera. thanks